Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I spent the day at Sea World today...had lunch at the beer pavilion, they had Amber Bach on draft. I had three of them...forgot how good that beer is.

But very overpriced at the parks! Dam tourists................. LOL!

They were cheap as free! It was the Hospitality pavilion...they have them at Sea World and at Busch Gardens. The give you a 12 oz cup of beer for free! You can't beat that!

Oh, and also, another downtown lunch spot that has Yuengling on draft is Dexter's.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I spent the day at Sea World today...had lunch at the beer pavilion, they had Amber Bach on draft. I had three of them...forgot how good that beer is.

They were cheap as free! It was the Hospitality pavilion...they have them at Sea World and at Busch Gardens. The give you a 12 oz cup of beer for free! You can't beat that!

Oh, and also, another downtown lunch spot that has Yuengling on draft is Dexter's.

Oh dear, its been so long since I have been there, was at Universal last time I was home (November) and paid through the roof for a Bud!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh dear, its been so long since I have been there, was at Universal last time I was home (November) and paid through the roof for a Bud!!

Finnigans in Universal had 2 for 1's the day of the Kid Rock concert. Bad combo but good for me!

The hospitality house in Sea World and Busch Gardens is a beautiful thing. My wife and I make sure that people go with us that do not drink beer that way we get their 2 complimentary drinks in addition to ours. I am going to start bringing a wig and a change of clothes to maximize my theme park experience. What's better than getting drunk and feeding dolphins?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Finnigans in Universal had 2 for 1's the day of the Kid Rock concert. Bad combo but good for me!

The hospitality house in Sea World and Busch Gardens is a beautiful thing. My wife and I make sure that people go with us that do not drink beer that way we get their 2 complimentary drinks in addition to ours. I am going to start bringing a wig and a change of clothes to maximize my theme park experience. What's better than getting drunk and feeding dolphins?

You were at the Kid Rock/LL Cool J concert? I heard that things got nutty. My buddy does special events out there and said the place was packed.

The trick with the beer pavilion is doing it when it is busy. More faces for the pourers to remember. I got three but could have gotten several more I bet. As it was, drinking three full beers in about 30 minutes and then going back out in the sun wasn't a great combo.

quote:

You were at the Kid Rock/LL Cool J concert? I heard that things got nutty. My buddy does special events out there and said the place was packed.

The trick with the beer pavilion is doing it when it is busy. More faces for the pourers to remember. I got three but could have gotten several more I bet. As it was, drinking three full beers in about 30 minutes and then going back out in the sun wasn't a great combo.

We went to both of them. Kid Rock was good, although there was a lot of trash around us. Some skanky trailer dweller was pulling down her pants and pulling up her shirt to let tourist photograph her (with her husband standing next to her). And believe me it was not an attractive women. We only stayed for a little bit for LL because it was even more packed than Kid Rock and people were still trying to push their way to the front of the stage. Me and Mrs. Acres got each other annual passes this year so we go out there all the time.

quote:

quote:

LOL never a good idea, drinking and heading back into the Florida sun, it does crazy things to you. I have forgotten what sun looks like over here!! Also drinking and feeding dolphins may be fun but not so sure about drinking and going on Kraken or similar!!

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

quote:
Kid Rock was good

Never thought I'd see that phrase ever posted.

Come on now! He is the AC/DC of Generation X! It's stupid party music what's not to like?

"Somebodys got to feel this!"

quote:

quote:

quote:

LOL never a good idea, drinking and heading back into the Florida sun, it does crazy things to you. I have forgotten what sun looks like over here!! Also drinking and feeding dolphins may be fun but not so sure about drinking and going on Kraken or similar!!

I have found that just like anything else in life there is a happy medium to drinking and riding rides. As long as that line is not crossed you are ok. Except for the tea cup type rides you can NEVER drink and go on one of those.

Although I am a bit of a coaster freak, I did not go on any rides yesterday. Good thing, considering how I felt - but I must admit that with a moderate but decent buzz going, it can add an extra fun element to the experience.

Oh, and regarding Kid Rock. I like him alright, but he hasn't reached AC/DC status, in my opinion. Last year at this time I went to Universal Mardi Gras to see Twisted Sister. Now THAT was a show! Dee Snider looked as ripped and as menacing as he ever did - without make-up anyway. Man what a great show. Me and my buddies dressed up in all black with black skull-caps and shades. We looked pretty menacing...kinda like the droogs from Clockwork or one of the gangs from the Warriors. We had fun with it. We were up near the stage shoulder-to-shoulder and no one tried pushing by us. I think we got mistaken for security or something.

Anyway, after that concert we headed over to Hard Rock and watched the AC/DC tribute band do the entire Back in Black album....awesome!

quote:

Oh, and regarding Kid Rock. I like him alright, but he hasn't reached AC/DC status, in my opinion. Last year at this time I went to Universal Mardi Gras to see Twisted Sister. Now THAT was a show! Dee Snider looked as ripped and as menacing as he ever did - without make-up anyway. Man what a great show. Me and my buddies dressed up in all black with black skull-caps and shades. We looked pretty menacing...kinda like the droogs from Clockwork or one of the gangs from the Warriors. We had fun with it. We were up near the stage shoulder-to-shoulder and no one tried pushing by us. I think we got mistaken for security or something.

Anyway, after that concert we headed over to Hard Rock and watched the AC/DC tribute band do the entire Back in Black album....awesome!

I think I have actually seen that tribute band. My days of wanting to be up front have gone away long ago. I used to work at just about every radio station in town and for a 2 year period I went to every concert and was upfront. Needless to say my hearing is not the best because of it.

Kid Rock is good for what he is, he is not a Grammy winner by any stretch but he is fun to watch. Plus he had strippers dancing in the back of his stage during his set so what more could you want!?