Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

Ok, so this topic has come up several times in other Magic related threads. I figure since it is definitely Off Topic, we needed to put a dedicated thread here...so let's discuss!

[Mods...I hope it is cool to have a thread about this topic?????]

Ok, so this topic has come up several times in other Magic related threads. I figure since it is definitely Off Topic, we needed to put a dedicated thread here...so let's discuss!

[Mods...I hope it is cool to have a thread about this topic?????]

Yeah baby....Ok...Since I pretty much got us started on this one in the above mentioned post...

My favorite Beer is Yuengling. You can now get it in almost any store...but on tap..I've found Ale House has it. Anyone else know where it can be found?

Elvis...this Thread's for you! For all you do...the King of Beer-related posts is coming through!

Yuengling is my current beer of choice. In my fridge I have both the straight lager and the light. I was pleased to see that Publix began carrying it about 4 years ago or so. Try the black and tan if you can find it...most excellent. I have only seen it on tap a few places myself...Ale House is one, as you mentioned, but there is a place called Jax's on Edgewater that has it.

I had forgot about Jax's...

B&T was my first taste of Yuengling. I used to be an Amber Bach man...I then tried the Lager, and I like it much better. you can't find B&T anywhere on tap though.

Yuengling is one of my favorites as well. I don't know of too many places that have it on tap however, I do know that it can be special ordered at a lot of places (I have my own tap in house).

I am not very faithful when it comes to beer, if I want cheap crappy beer then I get PBR. For imports I like Harp's, Bass, Red Stripe, Modelo Especial, Kirin, Lambic, I guess it depends on the mood I am in. When I was in L.A. I was more into the Heffiwiesens (I think I spelled it correctly).

Marc has his own tap in his house...geez, and I thought I was cool for having my own keg and tap! (actually, having my own keg and tap did make me pretty cool in college!

As far as other beers, I am definitely an equal-opportunity beer drinker. When in college I would drink pretty much every weekend, now I'm lucky if I have one or two bottles a week. So I am choosier with what I drink.

For me you cant beat a classic Bud! Has everything a beer should. In the UK it is so expensive though and only available in bottle. Cant wait for a draught Bud when im home. Anyone like Corona also?

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

For me you cant beat a classic Bud! Has everything a beer should. In the UK it is so expensive though and only available in bottle. Cant wait for a draught Bud when im home. Anyone like Corona also?

But, but, you are able to enjoy Boddington's, and Tetley's!

I credit Yuengling with breaking my dad of his Budweiser fixation. For years that is all he would drink. Then I gave him a Yuengling, told him it was a domestic lager that was better but cheaper than Bud. Now he's a Yuengling convert.