Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

On Saturday I went to this dinner with a whole bunch of guys from college. We went to the "Butcher Shop Steak House" on I-Drive. Nice restraurant, great meal. The bartender was a woman with very large, um, pourers. Anyway, I managed to drink quite a bit without one single beer! I stuck with mostly scotch drinks, but then at one point I had a gin and tonic and that was great - hadn't had too many of those in the past. Anyway, good times, but no beer. That's a first.

I might start with liquor, but always end with beer. Unless I am drinking wine, then I just stay with Wine the whole night. Wine = great for getting the wife lubricated icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Wine = great for getting the wife lubricated icon_smile.gif

Are you drinking it?

Joking aside...that is a great point! I too have noticed that a couple of glasses of wine does wonders for a woman's libido. I think it is a combination of the alcohol and the fact that wine is usually consumed during a romantic occasion, so that element adds to it.

quote:

I just get terrible headaches and a foul taste in my mouth the next day after drinking too much wine. It's ok for a glass or 2 but nothing more.

I agree, I have had the worst hangovers ever from wine, esp red wine, I tend to stay off it these days!

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

I just get terrible headaches and a foul taste in my mouth the next day after drinking too much wine. It's ok for a glass or 2 but nothing more.

I agree, I have had the worst hangovers ever from wine, esp red wine, I tend to stay off it these days!

You guys are both right, wine - especially red wine - provides a different kind of hangover. However, when consumed in mass quantities along with finger food like cheese, crackers, etc., it is a good, long, and satisfying buzz. Plus, you get to pretend your pretentious, at least for a little while.

Hey when your married with children you need all the help you can get.

I can't tell the Wine headache from the hang over headache. So I don't care, but even a couple glasses of wine at Dinner is enough to get the wife a little tipsy.

We have been to Napa Valley a few times. Great drinking trip, going from Winery to Winery getting smashed on tastings.

To me I drink depending on the what the entertainment is. Sports is always beer. Date night with wife is always Wine.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

You guys are both right, wine - especially red wine - provides a different kind of hangover. However, when consumed in mass quantities along with finger food like cheese, crackers, etc., it is a good, long, and satisfying buzz. Plus, you get to pretend your pretentious, at least for a little while.

Wine, also provides the cheapest after-hangover.

If you don't know what I mean, try having "just water" first thing in the morning, after a crazy (red) wine night. icon_wink.gif

quote:

I can't tell the Wine headache from the hang over headache. So I don't care, but even a couple glasses of wine at Dinner is enough to get the wife a little tipsy.

We have been to Napa Valley a few times. Great drinking trip, going from Winery to Winery getting smashed on tastings.

To me I drink depending on the what the entertainment is. Sports is always beer. Date night with wife is always Wine.

Definitely, sports is guaranteed beer, dinner will be varied and then going out to get drunk will be spirits!

quote:

I've been to Sonoma and had a blast. Napa and Sonoma counties have got to have one of the highest concentrations of drunk drivers per capita in the whole country!

Yeah the towns close down at sundown because no one is sober enough to be on the roads. We try to switch off though on who could go overboard and who dabbled. Best to start away from the Hotel and work your way back.