Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

Not a new one, but had plenty of beer generally, been to Sea World lately Live or Die?

I went last weekend...not sure if I already told you that.

I will probably go every other weekend or so. Got those passes....gotta use em.

quote:
Originally posted by New Twin Towers:

Beer is one of my favorite things but all time favorite Drink is Red Bull and Vodka you will be up all night.

Never had that specifically, but I have tried white rum and Full Throttle. I think I may have gone nuts on someone and forgot all about it.

Vodka and Red Bull is seriously dangerous!! It makes me crazy, thing is you cannot taste the vodka so you drink it like a red bull but the combo is lethal. They were talking about banning the sale of it in clubs etc!

Seriously?! I read about the health effects a long time ago so my wife and I decided to do an experiment to test the health effects. This was done strickly in the name of science.

We took our pulse rate before drinking and then after each Red Bull and vodka. We found that after about 5 our pulse rate went up maybe 5 beats. We were sitting down the entire time and had the drinks brought to us. It can't be that bad!

Researchers in Austria and the Czech Republic -- two nations that drink more than their fair share of suds -- have just released studies that suggest that beer is an anti-inflammatory and can slow the aging process.

In a study published in the March issue of 'International Immunopharmacology', scientists at Austria's Innsbruck Medical University found that hops, a key ingredient in beer, affect the production of neopterin, a telltale sign of inflammation, and levels of the amino acid tryptophan (low levels are associated with more inflammation.)

Beer not only increased levels of HDL or so-called "good cholesterol," but also thwarted dangerous free radicals in the body that are believed to accelerate the progression of cardiovascular and age-related diseases.

We should note that the Czech study was paid for by a group of big Czech breweries. We should also note that Czech doctors, in an earlier, separate study, once reported that two beers a day could fight impotence.

Well I am convinced, I am going to start drinking more right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Researchers in Austria and the Czech Republic -- two nations that drink more than their fair share of suds -- have just released studies that suggest that beer is an anti-inflammatory and can slow the aging process.

In a study published in the March issue of 'International Immunopharmacology', scientists at Austria's Innsbruck Medical University found that hops, a key ingredient in beer, affect the production of neopterin, a telltale sign of inflammation, and levels of the amino acid tryptophan (low levels are associated with more inflammation.)

Beer not only increased levels of HDL or so-called "good cholesterol," but also thwarted dangerous free radicals in the body that are believed to accelerate the progression of cardiovascular and age-related diseases.

We should note that the Czech study was paid for by a group of big Czech breweries. We should also note that Czech doctors, in an earlier, separate study, once reported that two beers a day could fight impotence.

Well I am convinced, I am going to start drinking more right now.

I think the cigarette industry is rushing over there to commision studies after hearing this.

Beer = Good Health. Now see this is the kind of post that the Beer Thread needs!

On another note, on Friday night I found myself in the Wing House on Univ. and 436. Turns out they have Yuengling on draft for a little over a buck each during happy hour. Something tells me I will be frequenting that place, um, frequently!