Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

I agree with that! Although can anyone answer this drinking myth.............

Why is it you can have 3+ beers and not need to go to the bathroom but the minute you go once you need to every 5 minutes???

This is not a myth! It is true! It is called "breaking the seal." I don't have the physiological details or proof to back me up but it is absolutely true! I do a lot of tailgating during football season and I have found that it is best to hold it until you get in the stadium. Otherwise, you are standing in mud in the 20 minute line for the port-o-let and you are doing this every 20 minutes. Which means, when you exit the port-o-let, you might as well get back in line and ask someone to hand you a beer.

Or, you could get a camel bladder like Marc Acres, you could probably find one on eBay.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

Why is it you can have 3+ beers and not need to go to the bathroom but the minute you go once you need to every 5 minutes???

This is not a myth! It is true! It is called "breaking the seal." I don't have the physiological details or proof to back me up but it is absolutely true! I do a lot of tailgating during football season and I have found that it is best to hold it until you get in the stadium. Otherwise, you are standing in mud in the 20 minute line for the port-o-let and you are doing this every 20 minutes. Which means, when you exit the port-o-let, you might as well get back in line and ask someone to hand you a beer.

Or, you could get a camel bladder like Marc Acres, you could probably find one on eBay.

Can I trade it to Utah for AK-47? Hey I just made up a trade rumor!

I think the message boards are what you move up to just before you go Laine Staley huddled in a corner wearing all black shooting Heroin under your finger nails. That's all childs play compared to posting here.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

quote:

Can I trade it to Utah for AK-47? Hey I just made up a trade rumor!

I think the message boards are what you move up to just before you go Laine Staley huddled in a corner wearing all black shooting Heroin under your finger nails. That's all childs play compared to posting here.

LOL. Although that trade rumour is more realistic than the Turk for Manu one in the Magic forum!!!

I definitely think Otis needs serious props for pulling off the Camel bladder/AK-47 trade. And man, the way he held firm and insisted that Larry Miller through in Karl Malone and John Stockton's Hall of Fame rights! Wow! Think about it! 50 years from now when people visit the Basketball Hall of Fame, they won't remember that StocktontoMalone never played for the Magic!

quote:

quote:

LOL. Although that trade rumour is more realistic than the Turk for Manu one in the Magic forum!!!

It IS!

Its so funny...that was the most rediculous thing I have read on this board. Might as well trade B. Outlaw for T. Duncan

Ok, we must keep this thread alive. I can't stand that a day could go by with no one posting on it, so here is my contribution.

A beer that you should try, if you haven't already is called "Pumpkinhead." It is a product of the Shipyard Brewery company. It is a regular "ale" that has been touched up with a bit of pumpkin spice. The result is an aftertaste of pumpkin pie. I first had it at the Beer Festival a couple of years ago. I have only seen it on tap once, and I don't remember where. But you can find it in bottles pretty easily, although I believe it is seasonal. It aint cheap though, A six-pack will run you 8 bucks, if you're lucky. Check it out.

Speaking of expensive beer, has anyone tried Lambic? It's a Belgian beer, you can get it at Petty's in Longwood and some of the Publix stores. It's between 5-7 dollars a bottle but it's really good. You can get it in different flavors also. Rasberry, Peach, Cherry or the regular Wheat. Potent stuff.

Yeah, I've had the Belgian lambic...almost too strong. Not good for just straight up beer drinking, more like a special occasion type beer.

Anyone ever had Blue Moon? It's a Belgian White. And despite being produced by Coors, it is very good and is unfiltered (meaning you can see all the little "floaties" in the bottle). Good stuff.

quote:

What a sad, sad state of affairs this is. One day away from St. Patrick's Day, and we can't get anybody posting on the beer thread!

A thread for cab pricing might have a little more action, I heard it is going to be crazy downtown. Green Beer!

quote:

quote:

What a sad, sad state of affairs this is. One day away from St. Patrick's Day, and we can't get anybody posting on the beer thread!

A thread for cab pricing might have a little more action, I heard it is going to be crazy downtown. Green Beer!

Every year at St. Paddy's I am torn between wanting to spend it with my family - lot of Irish in us - and wanting to go downtown where the action is. I always get geeked up to go out, then at the last minute, I cave and end up spending it with my family. Not a bad alternative really, just would love to go downtown again like I did when I was younger.