Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Summer Time almost Here

quote:

SmackDaddy says, " Not bad. If the planets all aligned and we were able to sign a max player while dealing an unproven, inconsistent player like Darko for a pseudo all-star...why not."

(Smile) Exactly.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

SmackDaddy says, " Not bad. If the planets all aligned and we were able to sign a max player while dealing an unproven, inconsistent player like Darko for a pseudo all-star...why not."

(Smile) Exactly.

I'd still like an answer to my question: Why would any team trade an allstar for Darko's potential?

30Assists, I have to disagree with your following statement: "I think this league says that an inconsistent big man will do a lot more for your team than an aging guard." What about Nash to Phoenix??? Or Kidd to the Nets???

Drunk on Mystery, the answer is simple: to start over with youth and more cap flexibility. The thought is why pay for an all-star if your team isn't winning? See Boston, GS, Seattle, and Indiana for examples. All of those teams stink and need to star over. Darko, plus someone like Hedo, would be attractive to a lot of teams looking for a fresh start.

quote:

30Assists, I have to disagree with your following statement: "I think this league says that an inconsistent big man will do a lot more for your team than an aging guard." What about Nash to Phoenix??? Or Kidd to the Nets???

Drunk on Mystery, the answer is simple: to start over with youth and more cap flexibility. The thought is why pay for an all-star if your team isn't winning? See Boston, GS, Seattle, and Indiana for examples. All of those teams stink and need to star over. Darko, plus someone like Hedo, would be attractive to a lot of teams looking for a fresh start.

I disagree about Boston, simply because I think their goal is to put Oden on the team, and match him up with what they already have. Draft picks can be signed regardless of CAP room, so having high draft picks is always awesome.

But more to my point, I'm not remotely convinced any team would give us a proven allstar for just Darko, or even Darko and Hedo, regardless of if they were blowing up or not.

Seattle is likely going to try to rebuild around Lewis.

GS won't be able to do much of anything about anything until Adonal Foyle's contract expires. And who would we get from them to make contracts match if we send them Hedo and Darko(keeping in mind Darkos contract will be at least 6.5 as a minimum, likely closer to 8). What's the point of trading to win now if we have to take on other teams' bloated contracts?

That leaves Indiana. Who's Indiana going to give us that's worth Darko and Hedo?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

I disagree about Boston, simply because I think their goal is to put Oden on the team, and match him up with what they already have. Draft picks can be signed regardless of CAP room, so having high draft picks is always awesome.

But more to my point, I'm not remotely convinced any team would give us a proven allstar for just Darko, or even Darko and Hedo, regardless of if they were blowing up or not.

Seattle is likely going to try to rebuild around Lewis.

GS won't be able to do much of anything about anything until Adonal Foyle's contract expires. And who would we get from them to make contracts match if we send them Hedo and Darko(keeping in mind Darkos contract will be at least 6.5 as a minimum, likely closer to 8). What's the point of trading to win now if we have to take on other teams' bloated contracts?

That leaves Indiana. Who's Indiana going to give us that's worth Darko and Hedo?

I disagree with you on your assessment of those teams and what they might do with their stars. My point is that many teams would love to have Darko and would be willing to trade good assets for him. We shall see.

quote:
Fendi, you keep saying we aren't going to let Darko go no matter what. What are you basing that on? Comments Otis made months ago? Inside info?

I don't have inside info. As I have said I don't see us letting Darko walk out of the door, especially for nothing. I'm not disclosing the fact that Darko's services will not be retained, however if that happens, there is a price to pay from the other team to acquire Darko's services.