Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

Sonics to Oklahoma City?

Seattle SuperSonics & Storm Chairman Clayton I. Bennett made the following statement on Friday regarding the future of the franchise.

"We notified Commissioner Stern that we intend to relocate the Sonics to Oklahoma City if we succeed in the pending litigation with the City or are able to negotiate an early lease termination, or at the end of the lease term.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48942/200711...ve_to_oklahoma_city/

Seattle SuperSonics & Storm Chairman Clayton I. Bennett made the following statement on Friday regarding the future of the franchise.

"We notified Commissioner Stern that we intend to relocate the Sonics to Oklahoma City if we succeed in the pending litigation with the City or are able to negotiate an early lease termination, or at the end of the lease term.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48942/200711...ve_to_oklahoma_city/

Heard of this yesterday. Commisioner Stern actually wants them not to relocate but....the ownership of that team alas.....isn't in his hands so....I feel dissappointment for the Seattle fans..watching there team become the "Oklahoma City Sonics".

quote:
Originally posted by The Franchise:

The question is though, would this have been suggested if the Hornets had not needed to move to Oklahoma City temporarily?

Doubt it. No one knew that the fan base in OKC was going to be so supportive. I hear that if the Sonics get the lease on their arena, their team will still stay.

I feel bad for them though. I know I would have gone crazy if that Kansas City Magic rumor weren't a hoax.