SmackDaddy

Do the Magic need to make a trade?

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

not as bad as your opinion. You say JJ sucks.

What do you base this opinion on he was used in garbage time for two games. Wow yeah he sucks he did not dominate games that were already over.

Now I will agree that pat sucks, I can say that because he was the first guy off the bench in both games and contributed 2 points total, THAT SUCKS. But what sucks even more is the Stan thinks that this guy can still play in this league, Give me a freaking break.

It seems now after a loss, that everyody sucks in our team. Should we be called then the Gay Orlando Magic **ckers?

After a loss or a win - Garrity still sucks. I am for moving Arroyo to fill a need - he doesn't suck. I am for keeping JJ unless he really was necessary in us getting a big. I just think Arroyo's game is to similar to Jameer's and we need a big.

Arroyo has value in a trade - he can play and he has an expiring contract and he doesn't fill a real need for us other than being a capable backup, but I am hoping Dooling can handle that and we pick up a vet PG for insurance.

We do need a big. On Garrity he just needs to go. Glue his *** to the bench and try to trade him. A guy like PJ would help, Weber if there is no one else - I'd sign Weber he may get a little fire going after Detroit turned him away.

I think Foyle is doing good as a backup. You will have games like last night - this team is not mentally tough yet.

we should trade Carlos to LA for Walton, NY for Lee, Suns for Skinnie, miami for Blount.

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

Smack-I thought you already traded JJ. Look out Hutch! Smack will be trading Auggie next.

Seriously-It would be nice if we had a fly on the wall during practice and in the locker room. Then the conjecture would be just that.

Auggie does nothing for me and you can include him in a trade if another team wants a big in return.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

You knew it was coming, so don't act surprised.

Now that JJ, Arroyo, and Garrity have totaled

10pts, 7 rebounds and 4 assists in 83 combined minutes and the Magic have been outrebounded in both games...take your pick.

Trade one, Trade two, or trade all three, but we need a big man and these three guys all suck.

Knappy may not have to hide at Magic games as the Arroyo Gang maybe looking for Smack now giving Knappy some breathing space and not requiring that he wear disguises to the games.

Don't worry Knappy you are under my umbrella

Thank you godfather - you are offering me protection?

Smack, you'll be happy to know I just heard David Steele interview Stan in the pre-game show and David asked him about adding another big because it looked like we need one. Stan said yes we definitely need another big guy and when Steele asked him for some names he said he wasn't sure of anything except that he knew Otis was working the phones.

Sounds good to me!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Smack, you'll be happy to know I just heard David Steele interview Stan in the pre-game show and David asked him about adding another big because it looked like we need one. Stan said yes we definitely need another big guy and when Steele asked him for some names he said he wasn't sure of anything except that he knew Otis was working the phones.

Sounds good to me!

After watching SVG rotation tonight it is evident that they are protecting CA and JJ for the trade.

quote:
Originally posted by corporalrod:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Sounds good to me!

After watching SVG rotation tonight it is evident that they are protecting CA and JJ for the trade.

It definitely seems that way. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if we shipped those two for another big man... Keith Bogans has impressed me so much, losing Redick doesn't seem like that big of a deal. After watching the Pistons game, it's pretty clear we need another strong post presence.

This may sound extremely far-fetched, but could Van Gundy be playing Garrity to try and up his trade value. I know that all Garrity really is is an expiring contract and nothing more, but he would be more valuable to a team if he could give a little to the team for the short time he spends there other than cap space. Just an idea pulled out of the wilderness.

quote:
Originally posted by The Franchise:

This may sound extremely far-fetched, but could Van Gundy be playing Garrity to try and up his trade value. I know that all Garrity really is is an expiring contract and nothing more, but he would be more valuable to a team if he could give a little to the team for the short time he spends there other than cap space. Just an idea pulled out of the wilderness.

I was thinking the same thing. Problem is he played well in the pre-season but since the regular season has started he hasn't hit a shot yet. And if he's not hitting shots, he's worthless.

thats the only reason why i can see garrity playing more time then ariza is that he is trying to get his value up. But its probaly hurting ariza confidence for not playing.

After three games I am almost ready to admit we need a trade. Not a big blockbuster one and not to give up jj unless it's a decent big man. Not some gorilla that just takes up a few minutes and fouls out. I'm still up in the air about Foyle and we definately need to get our bench moving. I do think Otis is working the phones and that is way we aren't seeing some of our guys get in as much. I think we are playing Rashard too much. And to Otis, please don't trade Ariza, he's one of my favorite players. Unless it's for Kobe. O.k. enough ramblings, Go Magic.

With the limited production we've gotten from our bench so far (and with Ariza getting frustrated over his playing time), it's farely obvious that we need to adjust the roster through a trade.

Garrity has been extremely ineffective. Arroyo hasn't played well. JJ has only knocked down one shot. Heck, Foyle must feel like he's the number one scoring option coming off the bench.

Hopefully we'll receive word from the league that we've been granted the injury exception. That may buy us some time until the trade deadline approaches.