Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer got 38 mill. (see Fendi's post on pg.17)

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

I see where Smackdaddy is coming from. Can you name 5 players better than him as far as defending is concerned? Let alone, not only does he contribute defensively, but he is pretty solid offensively and add to that the fact the he plays more than half of the time at SG, which isn't his natural position.

Although I agree with Ghost, I can't take credit for proclaiming that Devin Harris is among the top 5 PGs in the league defensively.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Harris received the 6th most votes for the All-NBA defensive team, including 2 votes for the 1st team. I think that fact supports my position.

Delusional, 6'1???

6th most among all players, or PGs specifically?

Here is my opinion on this Nelson situation.

1. He is smoking some weed if he thinks he is 40 to a 42 mill guy.

2. He is delusional if he believes he is 6'1"...that will make him the biggest giant midget ever.

3. Just because other teams are willing to overpaid a player does not mean we have to do it (see memphis with Darko, and ah...Orlando with Rasheed)

4. He just barely won the starting job.

5. We have two good backups pg's that can do a decent if not same job for far less money.

6. He should fire his agent, and get someone who knows his craft, like Stevensons and Darkos agents...now those are sharks! LOL

7. He should know by now that that kind of talk does not wins you fans. That is why Alex Rodriguez is not that a fan favorite. You know...that greedy talk.

8. Shut up and earn your money. If the magic were to pay you for TO then you will be worth the 8 mill but that is why we have Howard.

9. I have three words for Nelson. Playoffs, Chance Billups.

10. I have to give Nelson credit. For him to smoke all that c$%^^ and not failing a drug test. It is definetly affecting his senses. Back to earth please.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Harris received the 6th most votes for the All-NBA defensive team, including 2 votes for the 1st team. I think that fact supports my position.

Delusional, 6'1???

6th most among all players, or PGs specifically?

Guards as a whole behind Kobe, Raja Bell, Kidd, Hinrich, & Billups

Jameer-You aren't nearly as good as you think you are. You are egotistical, selfish, a ball hog, etc. etc. You act as if the Magic owe you something and if you don't get it, you will bail. Nice loyalty to the Magic organization and team just when the season is starting. I hope you get booed out of the arena tomorrow night!!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:35 pm Post subject: JAMEER NELSON, MAGIC CLOSE TO AGREEING ON CONTRACT EXTENSION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By John Denton

FLORIDA TODAY

ORLANDO

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I say let him test free agency as a restricted free agent. He'll figure out quickly that he should have taken the offer that is currently on the table.

The nice thing about the NBA is that most teams are not willing to overpay for role players. Stars are the only ones that get big contracts now, everybody else gets to fight over the scraps.

Also, does Jameer not realize that we have 2 other PGs in Dooling/Arroyo that we can resign to replace him? Combined they both don't make what Jameer is looking to get paid.

Greedy little rodent.

Smack, they each make about $4m and I don't want to risk losing Jameer like we have shown a habit of doing for nothing in return. He is a decent player and he may have a very big year this year.

I am a fan of Jameer, but I don't like his comments where he says he would walk - not cool, but I would rather us just sign him and move along. GHill we got nothing for, Darko we got nothing for - we have a knack for screwing up. Just sign the guy - he can score, he can run the team and we have some players.

Not to knock on Carlos as he has played well, but I do not get excited about Carlos leading this team, not even a little bit. And, I like Dooling's play, but as a starting point guard, I think we would be in trouble with Dooling - he is better at the 2 guard or limited minutes at PG.

quote:
Jameer-You aren't nearly as good as you think you are. You are egotistical, selfish, a ball hog, etc. etc. You act as if the Magic owe you something and if you don't get it, you will bail. Nice loyalty to the Magic organization and team just when the season is starting. I hope you get booed out of the arena tomorrow night!!

Let's not go crazy. Meer's only asking for a contract that he feels (logically or not) compensates for his ability.

Loyalty to the Magic? **** that. This is a business. Meer should show the Magic just as much loyalty as they've shown Darko, Diener and any other number of players they've let go over the years due to business decisions. How is it selfish to ask for a contract?

Boo Meer on opening night over contract talks that average Magic fans don't even know about? How's that loyal?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I took his comments a little different than some of you guys here...

I think Otis is trying to lowball him (and rightfully so) and to counter, he started with an offer higher than what he should be getting. I mean... if he is asking for what he really thinks he is worth, and Otis lowballs him, then Jameer doesn't have a lot of room for negotiating right?

Also... he didn't say he wanted to leave the Magic, he said if a deal didnt get done, either now, or over the summer, then he was prepared to go elsewhere, even going so far as to say that doing so would be 'stepping out of his comfort zone'.

I really think he is just playing the game that Otis set up, and I don't fault him at all for this. We all know (well, think we know anyway since no one but Jameer can ever REALLY know) that he wants to be here in Orlando.

agreed, I think he just wants more and wants to be here, but he needs to use a little more tact. saying he will leave is a negotiation tactic, that is pretty unpopular.