Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Milwaukee Bucks @ Orlando Magic OPENING NIGHT... Game Thread!

By Nick Adams | OrlandoMagic.com

SECOND QUARTER

The Magic open the second with Carlos Arroyo, J.J. Redick, Hedo, Garrity and Adonal Foyle. Bobby Simmons enters the game for the Bucks and makes the first two of the second quarter. Turkoglu finally gets the Magic going netting a triple three minutes into the quarter giving the Magic a 27-26 advantage.

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Orlando Magic on an amazing pre-game introduction filled with a Michael Jackson "Thiller" dance and a live marching band introduction. The teams come out of a Milwaukee timeout firing, Howard, Lewis trading baskets with Charlie Bell, and Simmons to make the score 36-33 Milwaukee. Bogut, who looks like his on the Barry Bonds workout program, takes Howard off the dribble converting a jump hook in the lane. Bogut and Howard have both gotten off to slow starts as they have two and five points respectively. The Bucks hit another three from the corner causing Van Gundy to call a timeout with 5:43 left in the half and the Bucks with their biggest lead of the game at 41-34.

I think Dwight heard me as he comes out of the timeout with an aggressive move to the basket finishing a bucket plus the foul. Howard hits the free-throw and hits another two the next trip down to cut the Milwaukee lead to two at 41-39. Van Gundy must have told the Magic to be more aggressive as Nelson draws another foul by the Bucks making one of two. I think Stan also told them to pick it up on the defensive end as Howard and company contest every Buck attempt. A Howard block parade ends with Turkoglu nailing a three at the other end. The Magic have scored eight unanswered out of the timeout which forces the Bucks to call one of their own. The Magic now lead 42-41 with 3:35 left in the half.

The Magic continue to feed Howard down low drawing another Milwaukee foul and sending Dwight to the line where he makes both. Howard has improved his free-throw stroke tremendously and is shooting 7-of-9 tonight. The Magic have really picked it up at the defensive end as Howard swats a shot to Daytona causing a 24 second violation by the Bucks. Lewis heads to the line and makes a pair increasing the Magic lead to four at 46-42. I am guessing that Stan told his team two things during the timeout which saw the Magic trailing 41-34...1) Pick up the intensity on the defensive end...2) Be aggressive on offense and lets get to the line.

This Amway crowd is ready to erupt as Howard swats yet another Milwaukee attempt. The Bucks control the ball with under a minute remaining and the Magic clinging to a 48-46 lead. The Magic get a stop and hold for the last shot of the half which is a miss by Jameer Nelson to end the half.

Halftime: Orlando Magic 48, Milwaukee Bucks 46

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/gametime_103107.html

I dig the chinese announcers because it's funny to hear them get all excited when Dwight blocks shots.

They completely "mark out" to anything great happening in the game.

Funny stuff to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Is Ariza injured?

no he came in with about 1 and a half mins left in the 2nd quarter.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Denton's blog - Halftime report:

quote:

Shockingly, Magic small forward Trevor Ariza was largely left out of the rotation and did not play in the first half until the final minute of the second quarter.

Ariza is considered by GM Otis Smith to be one of the Magic

quote:
Originally posted by cabuki:

i figured out why, he forgot the X at the end of .as

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/nba/9927/500_nba-l...s_orlando_051201.asx <-- that is the link

BTW THANKS FOR FREEING ME OF THE CHINESE ANNOUNCERS!!!! evrey freakin play " OOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Will this link or one like it be available for all the games we won't be able to see? If so, that would be real convenient. At least I would feel better about the Bright House Debacle.