Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Milwaukee Bucks @ Orlando Magic OPENING NIGHT... Game Thread!

quote:
Originally posted by Black And Blue:

Redick on Redd could...no...DOES spell trouble.

Indeed. JJ already looks frustrated.

Normally you could simply click the "listen live" link at the top of the 580wdbo home page.

However tonight, for some reason, they are broadcasting the wrong programming.

BASELINE BLOG by BRIAN ADAMSFIRST QUARTER

The Time is Now...to begin the 2007-2008 NBA regular season as the Orlando Magic square off against the Milwaukee Bucks. You can sure feel the energy and excitement here at a packed Amway Arena as the two teams gather at center court for the start of tonight's contest. Two former number one overall draft picks compete for the opening tip as Dwight Howard out jumps Andrew Bogut giving the Magic possession of the basketball.

Joining Howard in the starting lineup tonight is Jameer Nelson, Keith Bogans, Hedo Turkoglu, and Rashard Lewis. The Bucks oppose with Mo Williams, Michael Redd, Desmond Mason, Yi Jianlian, and Bogut.

Rashard Lewis gets his Orlando debut started with a fadeaway 15 foot jumper. Jameer strokes a two from the top of the key giving the Magic an early 4-2 lead. Redd answers with his second bucket of the game notting the game at 4. Jialian makes his first NBA basket and Lewis gets off to a great start making his second shot tying the game at 6. Continuing his good start, Lewis drives to the basket strong a makes a circus layup plus the foul. He converts the three-point play giving the Magic a 9-6 advantage. Bogans nets a triple from the wing, let's hope the superb preseason shooting of the Magic will carry over into the season.

Dooling enters into the ballgame for Bogans as Michael Redd hits nothing but the bottom of the net cutting the Magic lead at 12-10 with six minutes left in the opening quarter. Turkoglu gets fouled while on his way to a dunk. Turk converts the three-point play but the Michael Redd show continues as he hits another fadeaway giving him 10 points and giving the Bucks a one point lead at 16-15. Stan has seen enough and calls for time with 4:34 left in the first.

As I look at the packed Awmay crowd, I see patches of orange and some crazy costumes which reminds me to wish all two of my "Baseline Blog" fans, and my family and friends back in Huntsburg, Ohio a Happy Halloween. Pat Garrity sees some early time out of the timeout replacing Hedo and right on cue nails a three giving Orlando a 21-18 lead. Nelson drives the lane and gets fouled heading to the line for two. Congrats to Jameer for singing a contract extension with the Magic earlier today. Nelson rewards the Magic by making both free-throws putting the Magic ahead 23-18 with 2:24 to go in the first.

Desmond Mason hits a fadeaway hook and Mo Williams converts a layup to bring the Bucks within one at 23-22 inside of a minute. The Magic hold for the last shot of the quarter as Lewis drives to the basket and gets fouled sending him to the line with 6.6 remaining. Lewis splits the pair and Mo Williams comes down and hits a 18 footer to tie the game at 24 to end the first quarter.

End of First Quarter: Orlando Magic 24, Milwaukee Bucks 24

That link doesn't work when I click it. It opens up Windows Media Player, but it says "doesn't contain any items" or something when it tries to play.