Sign in to follow this  
magicdepth

Let the board VOTE! Should the board return back to the way it was?

Jack, come on man. You know I've supported you since way back in the beginning. But the article thing went overboard and redundant. That's why they intitiated this new rule with the links that nobody likes now. You know how you always preach to people about being a team player?

I agree JD. The updates are definitely appreciated, but there has to be a way to reduce the incessant repetition. I remember a few days ago, that you and a few other members were going back and forth about who posted info first and which thread should be closed.

This isn't a contest to see who can post first or the most, and there is no prize at the end of the day.

You know you're supported and appreciated, but let's all help to keep things manageable for the mods.

Just cause I went crazy a couple of weeks ago ...

I have calmed down and posted mostly things that have nothing to do with other threads ...

If you guys think I do these things To disrupt the flow of things you are totally off...

I POST CAUSE I BELIEVE.

And I have no more to say on the subject ...

Except I Will ALWAYS CONTIBUTE to the FANS, FORUMS and FOR THE TEAM.

TEAMWORK is what it's all about.

Smack that happens every once in a while and I personally don't care who get's the post so I don't argue with people on the subject I just edit mine out. If it's possible.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Just cause I went crazy a couple of weeks ago ...

I have calmed down and posted mostly things that have nothing to do with other threads ...

If you guys think I do these things To disrupt the flow of things you are totally off...

I POST CAUSE I BELIEVE.

And I have no more to say on the subject ...

Except I Will ALWAYS CONTIBUTE to the FANS, FORUMS and FOR THE TEAM.

TEAMWORK is what it's all about.

Smack that happens every once in a while and I personally don't care who get's the post so I don't argue with people on the subject I just edit mine out. If it's possible.

JD, Why are you in a Rat Race?, when this is a unwinnable race.

quote:

We don't think you do it intentionally. At least we hope you don't. But the fact of the matter is it does disrupt the flow because it clutters up the board, pushes good discussions down to the bottom and makes the mods job harder.

Jack, please try and be understanding. This is Junkie talking to you. I've been supporting you and we've been friends since the beginning of these boards.

When my intentions are being put out as something they're not ...

I will defend them and make sure everyone knows that they are wrong.

There is no race here just the GREATEST FORUMS IN THE NBA and I'm here to defend them and the Fans.

If I have misunderstood you guys please forgive me ...

But don't ever step on I BELIEVE in the MAGIC.

JD, nobody believes the constant posting is done to intentionally clutter the boards. But intentional or not, if that is the end result, something has to change.

We all know what a big fan you are, and how big a heart you have. But understand, we just want the board to operate smoothly from both a member & mod perspective.

The best way for discussions to remain interesting and constant, is for both members and mods to make a better effort to reduce duplication of information while also making the boards more user friendly.

Now if the new rules are in repsonse to all the posts that were being made, the solution seems pretty simple. Check the board for an open thread on the same topic before posting a new thread on the same topic. If an existing thread exists on that topic, new information can easily be added. It should also be pretty simple for the mods to realize that members are willing to take the extra step to ensure their work isn't made more difficult.

Now can we please get rid of the links section and get this mess all cleaned up? Please? Pretty please? Alright, I'm not a darn sissy, just make it happen already. lol

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Now can we please get rid of the links section and get this mess all cleaned up? Please? Pretty please? Alright, I'm not a darn sissy, just make it happen already. lol

Smackdaddy, that was funny

quote:

When my intentions are being put out as something they're not ...

I will defend them and make sure everyone knows that they are wrong.

There is no race here just the GREATEST FORUMS IN THE NBA and I'm here to defend them and the Fans.

If I have misunderstood you guys please forgive me ...

But don't ever step on I BELIEVE in the MAGIC.

Come on JD, I think you are overeacting a little bit here. While we appreciate the commitment I don't think the forums or the fans really need defending. What we need is a concentrated effort from everyone to keep the boards as efficient as possible while continuing to stay informative.

Seriously buddy, you know about everything that happens here. You practically live in the forums. Of all the members here, there is no doubt in my mind that you know what articles are here and which ones haven't been posted yet. I'm equally positive that you have read enough Schmitz and Denton articles to realize that the articles are almost identical everytime. Almost 90 percent of the articles posted here are either by you or Junkie. It doesn't even seem like there needs to be a concrete solution to this problem. If all parties will agree to check the boards first before posting an article and then post similar articles together in the same thread this problem can be resolved.

If what you are saying is true, and its not about numbers then this should be a reasonable solution.

JD, remember Peter Rose, he had the number to become a hall of fame, but he didn't, because he break the Major League rule. If you want to be a legend follow the rule.

I want to say thanks for you service to this board. Go JD, Go Magic