Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

I need to get an email address for the highest Magic official you all can find. I want an answer direct from the original source of the problem and I won't rest until I get one.

Can anyone get me that email?

This is a blurb from Darling's Weekend Watch dog column in today's Sentinel...

"And as usual, the fans are the biggest loser. Word is, a compromise is in the works, and things should be resolved soon."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...v02,0,4751047.column

He doesn't give any details but I hope he's close to correct. As much as it sucks not to be able to see them here in Tampa it must be even worse not to see them in the home Orlando market. Some living 10 mins. from Amway are blacked out...just stupid!

We can only hope a compromise is in the works as that's the only way this things gets resolved with any quickness to salvage as many FSN games as possible.

quote:
Originally posted by MarleyMon81:"And as usual, the fans are the biggest loser. Word is, a compromise is in the works, and things should be resolved soon."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...v02,0,4751047.column

A compromise is in the works, but is it with brighthouse or is it with fsn? Because if its brighthouse, they're only solving their problem in orlando, and leaving the rest of us hung out to dry.

We have reports of cable companies that carry fsn in ocala, gainesville, tampa, and bradenton that are not getting the magic games because fsn wants more money from them for it. I'm curious if there are any cable companies that carry fsn that are getting the games. Did the magic sign a deal that will only get their games televised on satellite?

I am glad to see that all media outlets seem to be speaking out about this whole issue. There have been three articles in the Sentinel the last two days - from Bianchi, Dan Darling (link in above post) and Iliana Limon:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...ov02,0,2976984.story

Also, I caught separate segments yesterday on AM radio:

The Finish Line on 740 discussed it and mentioned how many MORE fans are ticked now because they didn't know about this issue until they realized the opener wasn't on TV on Wednesday. I think more complaints are being sent to Bright House and the Magic now, so that is good.

Then on the Brady Ackerman show on ESPN radio 1080, they discussed it at length and put a lot of blame on the Magic for letting it get this far.

Although nothing is resolved yet, it is at least good to read and hear different media outlets speak out about this issue at length.

They should have had this done a week ago, now that games are being missed. I am not sure this will ever get done.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

anyone know the magic email address or contact info that I could call in and complain too

Orlando Magic corporate office (407)916-2400

Here is what I sent Brighthouse yesterday, followed by their response.

quote:
Just filling your inbox again to show my disgust for your company's inability to provide FSN.

Blah Blah Blah. Angry Angry Angry. Blah Blah Blah.

Blame it on FSN, thats cool, but that doesn't put FSN on my television.

Quit the pissing contest and get it done. How is it that we can't watch the only major sports franchise in Central Florida, yet I can watch food being prepared in HD, enough Hitler programming to get a Ph.D, and enough reruns of Full House to make my head explode? Exactly.

quote:
Thank you for your correspondence regarding your Bright House Networks service.

Although we are in continuing talks with FSN for the carriage agreement. We hope that you have expressed your concern to the Orlando Magic as well with as much vigor. It was the Orlando Magic that sold the rights to a station that is not even local to Central Florida.

Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any further progress to report.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via email. Thank you for taking the time to write to us and have a good day.

They screwed you Jack, they dont care about you. all they care about is the money and the arena. That both you and I sent emails to the commisioners to help get the stuff they wanted.

So how do they pay us back? By taking the biggest contract and totally ignore the fact that bright house doesnt carry that station.

Then doesnt even bother to get into negotations until its to late.