Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

IF you feel the magic are at all to blame, you should email them as well...

http://www.nba.com/magic/community/Contact_Us.html

This is what I wrote to them...

"As a Magic fan for over 10 years, I am the most disappointed I have been with management EVER. Your decision to switch to FSN to carry 35 of the Magic games when Orlando's largest cable provider doesn't even carry that channel ranks as one of the dumbest moves in the history of the team. This change has isolated a community that was finally becoming excited again about the Magic.

I personally did not renew my season tickets because of this reason and I know many others who will not attend any games because of this. If your idea of switching networks was to generate more fan support, then you are clearly mistaken. I understand that one of the reasons you made the change to FSN was to cut costs. Maybe if management wasn't incompetent when it comes to signing players, we wouldn't be in this situation.

It would be in the best interest of the fan (which apparently you don't care about) if you would allow FSN to be carried on the cable systems including Brighthouse,Cox, and Comcast in ALL of Central and North Florida in anyway possible.

Also to the areas that already have FSNFlorida but won't show the Magic games, negotiate with them in any way possible to get the games on the channel or you will lose fans from other areas of Florida as well.

I have watched all the Magic games when they have struggled for the past 10 years and now you're telling me that when they are good again after years of futility that I won't be able to watch them? Ridiculous

YOU are the ones to blame, not the cable companies, and it is a shame that the cable companies are losing customers to satellite due to your selfishness and incompetence. You must also realize that not everyone can order satellite tv either whether they live in apartments or areas unsuitable for satellite and you are LOSING fans such as myself."

I have to admit I am very upset with the team right now!

Giving FSN the rights and hoping they could work things out was very bad business. They should have included a clause to have Sunshine carry the games if they could not work things out with Brighthouse.

Unfortunately, Direct TV is not an option for me since our Homeowners Assoc. banned Satelite dishes.

Now I get to miss a large number of games after supporting this team through many down years waiting for the promised cap space year to fix the team.

This time everyone loses, but the fans lose the most.

I just sent my email to the Magic giving my piece of mind to them and their management decisions.

I will be calling a leaving a voice message tomorrow morning. I'll advise all you guys to even give the Magic a call as well.

In the Orlando Sentinel they quoted Alex Martins saying they were flooded with Angry magic fans about this topic. So I say we continue in addition to emails, since they seem to noticed the phone calls more.

quote:
I have to admit I am very upset with the team right now!

Giving FSN the rights and hoping they could work things out was very bad business. They should have included a clause to have Sunshine carry the games if they could not work things out with Brighthouse.

It's everyones fault. But I think FSN and Brighthouse are more to blame. They're each being extremely stubborn about this. And add to it the fact that Brighthouse does carry FSN in most other markets in Florida and you're really getting a ridiculous fight.