Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

Well. another game with no TV. I'm hoping maybe the game will be on nba tv. I don't think the radio broadcasters realize we're not watching the game. Something is happening on the court and ritchie is talking about something nobody cares about meanwhile you hear the crowd cheering while he finishes his story. I can't believe this fsn thing is happening. We need to organize and protest

are we going to miss half the games this entire season? I dont even think FSN/Brighthouse are discussing a deal. Magic have to get out of the deal w/ FSN somehow if nothing is getting done. Even if there is no out clause, there has to be some way out.. Magic don't seem to care either. I have emailed everyone involved and the magic are the only ones that I did not get a responce from. the paper just blames brighthouse..

I really feel for you guys with Brighthouse. And i understand if you live in an area or complex with restrictions on Dishes or cant get one or whatever. But im here to tell you that Directtv is absolutely the best decision ive made as far as entertainment goes. If you have a halfway decent view of the southwest sky and im not saying perfect but a decent view, you guys really need to consider directtv. Magic games aside, the picture is better, the amount of channels is better, and for me it came to 45 dollars a month cheaper. I have road runner for internet access at 19.95 a month, and my directtv, with 3 rooms and two recorder boxes comes to 57.00 and thats including all the bull**** taxes they all love to impose. I dont have any movie channels but if you sign up they give those to you for 3 months free. Im not a salesman but I would love to see all you guys watch all the games and tell Brighthouse to suck it. My .02

bknbronco- I watch so little television these days, I will not give in and upgrade to the top tier package with my provider (comcast). I do need their cable internet, and I loathe how they just wont sell that without the tv packages. blah everytime I think of this, I get so furious. bloodsuckers all of them.

I'm so sick of seeing these Brighthouse commercials saying were getting to see what a whopping 43 games? Or something like that, come on. What about the other 40 games? As a unfortunate BH customer it doesn't look like a deal to get FSN is going to happen anytime soon, and thats a shame with the team we have this year.

I too am one of the Magic fans who when I can't see them play have to go to a local sportsbar to catch the game when it isn't on Sunshine. And this isn't really a cheap solution to not getting satellite as it seems like I'm averaging spending about $50 on food and drinks for me and my gf to watch a game I should be watching at home on my new DLP!! Also it seems like we still have no local support for our team, as I always have to ask a mgr to turn the Magic game on, and its pretty sad when more people are paying attention to the WS of Poker than the Magic game.

At best I might see maybe 4-5 people watching the game in a bar with about 100 or so people, a shame. I've found it actually cheaper to buy cheap upper bowl seats than going to a sportsbar to watch the game, which unfortunately it looks like I will have to do more often now that I'm convinced no deal between FSN/BH will be worked out. - Disappointed Magic Fan

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this but this is new on the Brighthouse website regarding FSN:

FSN (FOX Sports Network Florida)

* Some of the Orlando Magic games, which have aired on Bright House Networks every season since 1989, are no longer available because the Magic moved them from FOX-owned WRBW to FOX Sports Net (FSN) just before their season began October 31, 2007. We understand the frustration some of our customers are feeling; we are frustrated as well. We would very much like to find a resolution with FSN.

* FSN could air these games on their sister station Sun Sports if they wanted to while all parties involved continue conversations. Most Bright House Networks customers already pay for Sun Sports, which like FSN is owned by FOX. WRBW, the over-the-air broadcast channel where the Magic games used to be, is also a FOX company.

* Placing the Orlando Magic on multiple sports channels such as FOX Sun Sports and FSN and then asking customers to pay twice sets a dangerous precedent that will further contribute to already spiraling sports programming costs. What is to prevent FOX from asking for more channels and splitting the game coverage to three channels or four channels and making customers pay a third time and a fourth time? Only FOX sports has control over which programming they determine toplace on which if the networks that they own.

http://sportsinfo.mybrighthouse.com/

quote:
Thats ok, same thing happened here in Daytona.

I went to Houligans to watch the Magic-Nets game, and I think I had to be the only one watching it. Everybody else was too busy with their cold grease sandwhiches and beer.

I watch most of the FSN games at a sports bar in DeLand... usually only 8 people or so in the place with 3 or 4 of us watching the Magic, but always 2 for 1 drafts and decent wings...

I love how Tampa Bay Lightning Hockey is switching off with Orlando Magic Games. What a joke. If anybody actually watches hockey over basketball in Florida, you are mentally ill. More viewers would be coming in for the Magic game, NO DOUBT. But yes, lets put on some TB HOCKEY! WOO HOO!

Just back in Orlando after a trip to Naples to visit relatives for Thanksgiving. I asked my son in law who his cable provider was and he said "Comcast"... I asked him to see if the Magic,Spurs game would be televised. He went to menu and there it was .. advertised to start at 8:30 ending at 10:45. It NEVER happened! They never televised it. Seems they are setting up to have "pay per view" whatever game you want to see! So, even though they have Comcast..they have NO Magic games. These people are all about the $$$$$$$ - all of them! And, maybe just paying for cable or satellite isn't going to bring the games to us down the road...........ppv