Sign in to follow this  
mcrorlandofan

Adam Morrison Likely out for season

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Charlotte Bobcats reserve forward Adam Morrison is likely done for the season after an MRI exam on Sunday revealed a torn ligament in his left knee.

The injury occurred with about 5 1/2 minutes left in the third quarter of Saturday night's 113-93 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. Morrison was attempting to defend Luke Walton on a drive to the basket and crumpled to the floor in severe pain while clutching his left knee.

"Our medical staff has had a chance to review the MRI, and they're saying right now they believe there is some sort of tear," coach Sam Vincent said Sunday, about an hour before the Bobcats took on Phoenix in the second day of the annual Staples Center shootout.

"Until they get in there and do whatever they do, who knows? But they are saying there's a good chance he will be out for the year. So I'm not counting on him playing," Vincent added.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuEANFWhpwrH.VrAM...on&prov=ap&type=lgns

EDIT:"remember the 3 or 4 paragraph rule, please don't post the whole article, just a few lines and a link to the article"

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Charlotte Bobcats reserve forward Adam Morrison is likely done for the season after an MRI exam on Sunday revealed a torn ligament in his left knee.

The injury occurred with about 5 1/2 minutes left in the third quarter of Saturday night's 113-93 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. Morrison was attempting to defend Luke Walton on a drive to the basket and crumpled to the floor in severe pain while clutching his left knee.

"Our medical staff has had a chance to review the MRI, and they're saying right now they believe there is some sort of tear," coach Sam Vincent said Sunday, about an hour before the Bobcats took on Phoenix in the second day of the annual Staples Center shootout.

"Until they get in there and do whatever they do, who knows? But they are saying there's a good chance he will be out for the year. So I'm not counting on him playing," Vincent added.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuEANFWhpwrH.VrAM...on&prov=ap&type=lgns

EDIT:"remember the 3 or 4 paragraph rule, please don't post the whole article, just a few lines and a link to the article"

I saw this last night. I always hate it when a young and talented guy goes down, even more when its such a big blow to his year....well the whole year....

Hell of a thing....I thought Jordan had finally got a draft right when he grabbed this guy last year.

Morrison is still one of the seemingly coolest players to come into the league in some time. I hope he has a chance to see if he can produce on the NBA level. Getting PT in that Bobcat offense wasn't going to be easy.

I feel pretty bad for the kid (Morrison) but I don't feel a thing for the Bobcats! They still have plenty of talent, even after losing May and Morrison. Wallace, Richardson, Felton and Okufur can make plenty of noise still. So I am still concerned about this team.