Sign in to follow this  
RONGY

DO WE NEED A NEW COACH?

Now that the requisite "Fire Brian Hill" post is out of the way...

I'm in the minority on this forum in that I'm one of the few that think firing Brian Hill wouldn't solve much. I think he's starting to remember how to coach again and might need a little confidence of his own.

Now that he's found a good rotation? We'll see...

Ho!! Ho!! Ho!! Ha!! Ha!! Ha!!! Hee!! Hee!! Hee!!

To say that he is starting to remember implies that he knew how to at one point in his past.

quote:
Originally posted by BigBoy:

Ho!! Ho!! Ho!! Ha!! Ha!! Ha!!! Hee!! Hee!! Hee!!

To say that he is starting to remember implies that he knew how to at one point in his past.

Excellent, 30 Assist, God Bless ya, you are in the minority, that's O.K. sombody must defend the simple minded!!! Go Magic.....All of them!!!

Do we need a coach. Well about 80% of the teams in the league need a new coach. Their are only a handful of "great" coaches in the league and even less "rising stars", so if one is available you should always "need" a new coach.

A coach unlike players can easily be replaced. No salary cap exists for coaches so if you can upgrade the position, why wouldn't you? Every team in the league that has a mediocre coach should be calling agents of coaches like Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Greg Pop, etc. if they ever come available.

So your answer, until the team has a great coach, the Magic now and always will need a coach.

i don't think we *need* a new coach... of course, a team can always upgrade, but I don't think it's worth taking a chance...

I really believe that BHill is a great teaching coach... I think he gets the most out of his players *most* of the times... The only problem with him are his rotations. If he got that straightened out, I think we'd have a mad good record.

but until he starts doing good with his rotations, I will hope and pray for a new coach. But deep inside, I'd rather have him simply change his rotations rather than going out and getting another coach.

Two Reason's Brian Hill needs to go.

I found a chat transcript of him before last year's NBA draft. http://www.nba.com/magic/news/chat_hill_060531.html

Two Questions that stood out. 3

Hi Mr Hill good luck for next season I think we can do really well next year if we stay healthy. What is the one main aspect of Orlando's play you hope to improve on the most for next season Thanks Peter Saout

Brian Hill: The one area I really feel we need to work the hardest on and improve in, is reducing turnovers. If we can cut back on our turnovers per game in addition to continue to improve defensively and with our offensive execution, I think we can be a vastly improved basketball team.

The Magic are second worst in the league this year, averaging 2 more Turnovers per game than last year. If this was his main area of concern, and you got significantly worse, this season has been a failure.

Question: orlando: Hey coach i wanted to ask you what were your thought on jj redick...with a good shooter like him maybe he could free dwight howard double teams thanks

Brian Hill: JJ Redick had an oustanding collegiate career and his without question one of the premier shooters coming out of college basketball. We expect to have JJ in for workouts and interviews as we get ready for this year's NBA Draft. If he's available when we pick at No. 11, I'm sure he'll be one of the players that we'll be looking very hard at. He needs to improve in some areas to take his game to the NBA level, but there is no question about his ability to shoot the ball and shoot it with range.

The fan knew what he would bring before the draft and it took Brian Hill 60 games to figure it out. But my point is he already "labeled" Redick before they drafted him. You got to feel for Redick that the coach already labeled him as a shooter and nothing else. How about this Coach Hill, J.J. Redick is a proven winner and has the work ethic to be successful in the NBA. Instead of he needs to improve. Leave that smack talking to the journalist. The average fan was smarter than you. Of course he will spread to the floor for Dwight.

J.J. Redick proved Hill wrong and Hill got worse in his main area of concern. Why would you retain him.