Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

You guys gotta listen to this podcast by Chad Ford & David Thorpe(ESPN) Awesome!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I agree 100% with those two. Jameer will have all of his doubters eating crow. He was on the verge of a breakout season coming into '06-07, but B. Hill ruined that. Just wait... Jameer is a stud, and he'll be our 3rd best player this season... our Tony Parker.

He may be more valuable to us than Lewis. Dwight is just a beast in the making so he is our key guy, but Jameer is so important just like he said his comments - he is the key. He is the key if we want to be playing for the eastern conference finals or making it to the NBA finals - we have a shot now that Jameer can take over.

Many of you don't believe in Jameer and think him taking over will be a disaster - the guy can play. Co-collegiate player of the year in college - held back his whole career finally freed up to lead this team with all kinds of weapons around him.

You're right. Currently, we have two All-Star caliber players on our team: Dwight and Rashard. If you look at it, all we really need is one more really good player (and solid role players) and we're contending for the championship. I'm pretty confident Jameer will reach that level this season, and we'll be contenders in the East at least. Give Ariza and Redick another year, and we've got ourselves a championship contender. I read somewhere (it might've been from one of you guys) a little comparison that I liked... the Magic are basically an unglorified San Antonio Spurs team... this is especially true if Jameer starts to approach that "star" level that we all expected him to approach last season.

No, Knappy, I can't say Jameer is more important than Rashard. He's good... but he's not that good. Let's not get ahead of ourselves... Rashard is easily a top-10 pure scorer in the NBA.

EDIT: I think I got a little carried away with my use of italics at the end of my post lol.

I think Rashard can outscore him and be a major contributor, but I see the importance of Nelson leading this team.

I don't know what team to make a comparison to -but I don't see Rashard being the leader of this team - someone to rally behind - I do see Jameer being that guy and everyone elevating there level of play.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but will he be the 2nd best player on the team - maybe, but the value he is to the team and its success - he may be more important that Lewis.

If Nelson doesn't have a good season it will likely affect Howard and Lewis - if Nelson has a breakout season then it will make life so much easier for Howard, Lewis, Redick, JJ, etc.

I don't know how to say what I am thinking, but I still think that Nelson can be more important to this team than Lewis right now if our goal is to win a championship - granted Lewis is a huge factor for us and maybe the top scorer or the second leading scorer behind Dwight, but Jameer is going to be the captain of the ship - that is why I am saying he can be considered more important to our success than Lewis.

Lewis should be solid that is expected. We are expecting a lot more out of Jameer and if he keeps the ball moving and gets quite a few assists and still scores as well it will be tough to deal with the Magic.

I think Jameer will be showing up this year big time.

Im gonna bump this thread for all you guys that haven't heard it. The ESPN guys are saying the Magic have a chance to make some real noise in the East. They haven't given us a lot of love so you better listen while you can.

They said if Dwight continues to show touch from the outside he will take the leap from "Star" to "Superstar"!

Good find junkie... Thats a bunch of good news. I've been impressed with nearly everyone this preseason except for Lewis... But remember how good we looked last preseason? I hope we can keep it up!

****n, don't get Knappy started on Jameer or he will write 5 pages on it!

Anyone else have a full-sized poster or inflatable doll of Jameer in their room?

I have a small figurine of JN and everytime the Magic lose I squeeze it real hard and then kick it.

Until Jameer learns HOW TO PASS, I don't believe he should be starting. However before you get mad at me, he doesn't have to.. if he grows another 5 inches.

quote:
Originally posted by LilPenny3000:

****n, don't get Knappy started on Jameer or he will write 5 pages on it!

Anyone else have a full-sized poster or inflatable doll of Jameer in their room?

I have a small figurine of JN and everytime the Magic lose I squeeze it real hard and then kick it.

Until Jameer learns HOW TO PASS, I don't believe he should be starting. However before you get mad at me, he doesn't have to.. if he grows another 5 inches.

18 assists and only 2 turnovers in an offense he actually has control over... I think he might know "HOW TO PASS" better than you think. I'll just let his play do the talking for me from now on.

Yeah but what happened the last game? One game means nothing, and neither do two games.

Jmeer must be taking assing 101 though because honestly, that was his best effort ever. Aiming to play smart rather than "all eyes on me" style wouln't hurt either, that's all.

In the end though, it mostly comes down to coaching him. Watch SVG do things that will make every player contribute more. Even Pat is contributing! I'd never thought I'd see that again!