Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Figgs

Puerto Rican lament for Arroyo

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
We are proud of Carlos no matter what and I know that my felow Borikuas can agree with me.

Can you explain the root of Borikuas? I've always wondered about it since that annoying song.

WP,the picture joke is very black humor! The boricua(right spelling) is one that comes from Boriken or Borinquen, the original indian name of our island.

quote:
Just so you'd know, Puerto Ricans are right there in Iraq as well, and unlike those in Florida and California, they were not allowed to vote for the President that put them there. (Sorry for the new can of worms, but this person should at least know this).

Although many Puerto Ricans make the ultimate sacrifice for Americans, they have voted, at least three times that I know of, not to become a state. Not that this has anything to do with the discussion, but they have no desire to be represented like you or I. Regardless, I'm sure actual Puerto Ricans would have a more accurate picture.

quote:
WP,the picture joke is very black humor! The boricua(right spelling) is one that comes from Boriken or Borinquen, the original indian name of our island.

Ahh, interesting! As for the picture, she was Ms. Universe '06.

Funny how the people who are complaining that this thread is not relevant because it is not about basketball, have not posted their displeasure on the "Diener is my Countryman:

Thread.

HHhmmmmmmmmm

deiner thread talks about how hes played if you read it. about him coming off the bench. this thread only focuses on arroyo being puerto rican, and other puerto rican athletes. it has NOTHING to do with how he plays (which is just shy of HORRIBLE) or him as a player. its all about his "race".

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyMullen928:

when did these boards become about politics and nationalities and not ORLANDO MAGIC BASKETBALL??? who cares where anyone is from??? its supposed to be about basketball and the magic here. move this pointless thread to the off topic section.

Exactly!!!! Go Magic.....All of them!!!!

for that youd have to ask hutch. but when you read hutch's initial post, it talks about deiner not being played, and hsi abilities and such. right from the get go this thread focuses on arroyo's puerto rican decent, nothing to do with how hes played or him being benched or anything. My point is this thread should never be brought up in this board because this is not the off topic section. the off topic section description reads "non basketball related discussions. which this is. all these kinds of posts do is pit magic fans against one another. which is not what its about.

quote:

all these kinds of posts do is pit magic fans against one another. which is not what its about.

Exactly CaseMullen, and that's what makes it so sad.

As for moving this thread to the off topic, I believe the moderators need to make that call.

quote:

for that youd have to ask hutch. but when you read hutch's initial post, it talks about deiner not being played, and hsi abilities and such. right from the get go this thread focuses on arroyo's puerto rican decent, nothing to do with how hes played or him being benched or anything. My point is this thread should never be brought up in this board because this is not the off topic section. the off topic section description reads "non basketball related discussions. which this is. all these kinds of posts do is pit magic fans against one another. which is not what its about.

Yes....Agreed, were is Marc Acres 3:16??? LOL

I saw someone something about the Soldiers..My Dad's been in the army for 26 years..Yeah, theres a lot of Puerto Ricans in the desert right now as well as every other race, they are still All just as American..I Love, respect and admire their loyalty to their country though I can't stand the Politicians who vote to go to war instantly but none of their kids serve in the infantry..Sad when money is potrayed as more important then lives..But, I have a lot of for Carlos..He's good in umtempo game, Brian Hill plays that no shot clock High School Basketball..