Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Figgs

Puerto Rican lament for Arroyo

Frankie, Orlando would have been the best place for him to play and enjoy a solid fan support, but....., he met up with G Hill with an obsolete system of play adapted to a great developing player(Howard), he met up with a committed Otis to develop Jameer into a PG at all costs and match him with Howard, he met up with a lot of jealous players and fans because of his local prominence and publicity promotion income that could also take some of his mind off the court, he never accepted his back up role and secretly foolishly believed he could get a chance to become the starting PG( the press initially thought so too) but he never got the team involved enough to back him up, he never continued developing his defensive role as he should have to develop his game further. At times in my own tainted view, it seemed he was not getting the calls from the refs which diminished his frequent trips to the free line. Would hope Miami could develop interest in him but there is some sort of animosity between Wade and Carlos from the world tournament. The decision to use Dooling as back up PG seems wise defensively and the offense seemde so far to flow better but I remember it was also this way when Carlos and Dooling were sharing this role before Jameer camback form his injury last season. Carlos has to decide between a back up role in the NBA or a starter in Europe. The money will probably help him decide.

when did these boards become about politics and nationalities and not ORLANDO MAGIC BASKETBALL??? who cares where anyone is from??? its supposed to be about basketball and the magic here. move this pointless thread to the off topic section.

quote:
We are proud of Carlos no matter what and I know that my felow Borikuas can agree with me.

Can you explain the root of Borikuas? I've always wondered about it since that annoying song.

quote:
Originally posted by the Judge:

quote:
To the next point, last I heard Puerto Rico was as much a part of the U.S. as Florida, New York and Califorinia, why anyone feels the need for the regional, ethnic or nationality of a ball player to be an issue is beyond reason! As we sit and read these post, you have every shade of Americans giving their lives in Iraq and other places. Please , enough with this P.R. thing, Carlos is a good guy, he plays for our team,...........END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!

chosen12,

Just so you'd know, Puerto Ricans are right there in Iraq as well, and unlike those in Florida and California, they were not allowed to vote for the President that put them there. (Sorry for the new can of worms, but this person should at least know this).

O.K. and this is the point that I attempted to make, as well meaning as this thread was intended to be, it took the nosedive that we knew it would.

You sir, missed the point, and I will not engage in fruitless conversation. I will cheer for "MY TEAM" wherever the guys are from, because we need them all to collect the ring. I am certain geographical pride exist, local national or regional pride is all the same, and is pointless here.

As to your assumption that I didn't understand the political conditions in Puerto Rico, I am from New York City, Pureto Ricans have done great things there, to include voting for the president of the United States, second, and I am not attempting to boast, but I also hold a B.A. in Political Science, but it is my hope that I can get you to see is this has no place here either........God Bless and Go Magic...All of them!!

quote:
I think Carlos is still a Magic player, and Frankie a Magic fan or board subscriber.

still, doesnt really have any relevence to the boards in this section. This is about bball, and the Orlando Magic. this isnt the "im proud of Carlos Arroyo" board.