Sign in to follow this  
Undisputed4

Randolph Morris

There is a reason he went back to school because he isn't that good. He could be an okay backup but thats all. Darko isn't much better though.

Yea, technically he is a free agent. He can sign whenever he wants. Because he went undrafted but never signed an agent. He is good. He would be a top 20 pick if he was in the draft

When he was in the draft, he was projected to be a lottery pick str8 from high school; but, since he had poor workouts,no one drafted him. Now after a year or two in college, his game has developed. Other GMS are thinking about going after him also.

Here's an article

quote:
The problematic prospect

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

The father of the most intriguing NBA free agent in years sounded somewhat startled to hear of the sudden scramble surrounding his son. No one in the pros has called Ralph Morris about his kid Randolph at the University of Kentucky, but rest assured, the junior's status has sent several franchises searching for a simple answer to a complicated question.

Do we have a shot to sign Randolph Morris right now?

"As far as I know, he's not entertaining any thoughts of leaving Kentucky during the season," Ralph Morris said by phone from his Atlanta home on Sunday.

Since the start of the college basketball season, several NBA teams closely have studied the unusual circumstance surrounding Randolph Morris. They've made calls, asked around to agents and kept checking with sources to make sure no one else was beating them to a contract offer.

Suddenly, more and more executives are hustling to decide how they should handle the reality that the center is no longer an immature, poorly conditioned 6-foot-11 project, but a leaner, more polished prospect. In this climate, the kid just needs to say the word and he never has to wake up for another 8:30 a.m. class.

Morris could sign a contract today, leave school and wear an NBA uniform immediately. "A team would be within our rules to do that," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said.

Even the worst teams in the league don't need him now, but they don't want to risk losing Morris later. This isn't so much a salute to a prodigious talent

If my memory serves me correctly Randolf and Dwight were neck-an-neck for high school player of the year in the state of Georgia when they were both Seniors.

I think they either played against each other in the high school regular season or the playoffs.

Some scouting combines had Morris ranked a tad higher than Dwight.

I'm from Kentucky but I stopped following when we moved down to Florida and Tubby Smith let our program sink to mediocre status.

Randolf can score in many fashions. Not sure of his defense. Good shot blocker. He didn't have a lot of help at Kentucky because Tubby Smith can't recruit any longer.

I would definitely check him out. At 6'11 any team would be crazy not too.

Randolph would make an excellent back-up at center. His defense is okay and he has a nice shooting touch, he also is a good passer out of the post. Keeping him motivated is the only concern. I wouldn't mind seeing the Magic go after him and Pietrus this summer.

I actually hope he doesn't go pro because that means Kentucky will have an inside edge in signing Patrick Patterson who might go to Duke. And for Duke to get him McRoberts would probably have to go pro.