Sign in to follow this  
bhnole

Revisiting our Summer cap situation

I wouldn't be surprised if a trade comes along the way. But to say that we can't offer a 10 million contract to a free agent not named Darko is probably impossible. The Magic can re-sign Darko for 8 million, and still be able to offer 10 million to other players.

The Nuggets are going to pay the luxury tax anyway. They were flirting with it even before they acquired Iverson. If they aren't careful they might overtake the Knicks soon and their market is considerably smaller.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

I don't think Gerald Wallace is a good fit for our team at all.

I'm being completely serious, he's a slightly shorter version of Trevor Ariza. That's some serious talent duplication right there.

What would be the problem with 2 Trevors?

And Wallace is a bit more effective as an outside shooter, and his defense is a couple years more developed. In other words, he's Trevor 3 years from now. Believe me, I have no problem with us having two of them, particularly since both can play the 2 or 3, meaning you can have any combination of the two of them and JJ on the court at once, or all three if we go small.

Imagine Keyon at point, JJ at the 2, Wallace at the 3, Trevor at the 4, and Dwight at the 5. The second we start playing uptempo, no team in the league could keep up with us.

Plus, that kind of defense will absolutely dismantle a team. A defensive unit consisting of Dooling, trevor, wallace, darko and Dwight? Who's going to score on us?