Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The Official College Football Thread

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

Anybody realize this is FSU/Miami weekend, and it dont mean ish?.... dang how things have changed.

yeah, it woulda meant nothing the past few years, but it was played on the first week of the season, and was always hyped and all over ESPN...(in fact i think it was 2 years ago, ESPN broadcasted its first program on ESPN Full Circle (i think it was called) where they broadcasted the game on ALLL of the ESPN Networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNEWS, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, etc) and each station had different camera angles, and ESPN and ESPN2 had 2 different commentators...

THATS how hyped it was a few years ago...and the past few years have been down right pitiful...some seriously boring games...

FSU takes this one this weekend...

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

USF goes down... Life has meaning again!

It is nice isnt it! Rutgers is like a 9 on the awesomeness scale right now.

quote:
Originally posted by DLO:

quote:

Despite my dislike for USF, I take very little satisfaction in this loss. The fact is, they lost a close game to a very solid team on the road. If any thing, this loss is yet another indication that this is one crazy football season. I guess they should have started preparing for this once they made it up close to the top, it is pretty much what has been happening all season.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by DLO:

quote:

Despite my dislike for USF, I take very little satisfaction in this loss. The fact is, they lost a close game to a very solid team on the road. If any thing, this loss is yet another indication that this is one crazy football season.

see LOD, THATS what makes this so great!!

btw, im changin the title of this thread to the official College Football Thread...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

Despite my dislike for USF, I take very little satisfaction in this loss. The fact is, they lost a close game to a very solid team on the road. If any thing, this loss is yet another indication that this is one crazy football season.

see LOD, THATS what makes this so great!!

btw, im changin the title of this thread to the official College Football Thread...

Good point. Good move on the title change...this thread will be busy for the next couple of months.

quote:

Miami and FSU this weekend. My prediction: FSU 3 - Miami 2.

I've always liked the Seminoles. Kind of sad to see this matchup be relegated to what it is this weekend: a local affair only.

Sometimes, we can't appreciate the magnitude of something until it is gone, but it is impressive to consider that tomorrow's matchup is the first in 30 years in which neither of these teams were ranked in the top 25. That is amazing. The loser of this game could be on their way to a losing season.

quote:

quote:

Miami and FSU this weekend. My prediction: FSU 3 - Miami 2.

I've always liked the Seminoles. Kind of sad to see this matchup be relegated to what it is this weekend: a local affair only.

Sometimes, we can't appreciate the magnitude of something until it is gone, but it is impressive to consider that tomorrow's matchup is the first in 30 years in which neither of these teams were ranked in the top 25. That is amazing. The loser of this game could be on their way to a losing season.

Don't say that =( cause it might be us!!!!

GO NOLES!!!