Sign in to follow this  
CaseyMullen928

Do Playoffs equal success?

hey cuz,

to the Magic just making it to the playoffs would be success. If I was a coach, I'd say"whats the point of playing in the regular season if ur not going to win the NBA championship."

quote:
hey cuz,

to the Magic just making it to the playoffs would be success. If I was a coach, I'd say"whats the point of playing in the regular season if ur not going to win the NBA championship."

Thanks homie.

Did we make the playoffs last year or the year before that? No.

Even getting swept in the first round is success compared to not making it all with no high lottery pick. Detroit's swept plenty of teams, no shame in that.

Basically as long as the Magic players show heart, that makes things easier to swallow than if they just rolled over for people.

There's a degree of success in making the playoffs. Limping into the playoffs under .500 diminishes that to a degree as well however.

Coming into this season I would have labeled success as solid improvement from last season. Which would be roughly 45 wins and the playoffs. We are currently projected to improve on last years record by 1 win. I would hardly label that a success even if it puts us in the playoffs unless the Magic find a way to make it past the 1st round.