Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

I was just thinking...

Would you guys rather have the cmbination of Jameer & Redick? Or replace them with somebody like:

Arenas?

Andre Iguodala?

Baron Davis?

Corey Magette?

Jason Kidd?

hmmm...Tim Duncan is a free agent also.

How's a lineup of Shard, Duncan & Dwight sound?

Could you surround those 3 with any collection of CBA players and win a championship?

The person i want the most on this team next season and who I think is actually attainable is Corey Maggette. Maggette is a big strong guard at his position, is great on defense, and can put up some points too. Not to mention, I don't think we'd need to close shop and sacrifice as much in order to get him....like we would have to do going after duncan or arenas. Not to mention Corey would fit in great with our team.

I want to see some "creative financing" next season. lol

For some of you to criticize Nelson for being a shoot first pg and ready to drop him. Now you talking about getting another shoot first pg in Arenas. C'mon. I like Arenas but damm. Just admit it, its Nelson you dont like. Arenas jacks more shots then anybody on the Wizards and his assist average is not that much better than Nelson's. Nelson averages 13ppg 4apg 3rpg 2tpg and takes 12 fg attempts per game. Arenas averages 28ppg 6apg 4rpg 3tpg and takes 20 attempts per game. How is that getting better at the pg position. I thought you guys just wanted a pass first pg. A playmaker. Arenas is a ballhog. You think Nelson took bad shots, get Arenas here and see what happens. I would go after a sg or pf if i was Otis next summer if i had 10-12 mill to spend.

We need to try to get Maggette now. I rather he play the starting sg position than putting Ariza there. A player with a weak shot. Ariza plays like a pf so he needs to get bigger than. We can give up Turk for Maggette. Maggette is a good defender and that also has a slasher type game. He could be that 3rd option scorer and then Nelson could be the safety option at 4th. Nelson then would concentrate more on setting his team up, taking fewer shots this season. Then if Nelson dont understand that then replace him. But aquiring Arenas would be no better than keeping Nelson. Arenas would be worst. But if Arenas was here, then you would have to change your entire offensive strategy to adjust to Arenas game. So I would want Maggette out of your players you listed. And we should try to get him before this season starts, give up Turk if you have to. I just rather have Maggette or even Ricky Davis then have Turk. And if Nelson doesnt work out, then we should go after the type pg we need. Ive heard people say Andre Miller. If we could pick him up then go for it. I just want to win.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

For some of you to criticize Nelson for being a shoot first pg and ready to drop him. Now you talking about getting another shoot first pg in Arenas. C'mon. I like Arenas but damm. Just admit it, its Nelson you dont like. Arenas jacks more shots then anybody on the Wizards and his assist average is not that much better than Nelson's. Nelson averages 13ppg 4apg 3rpg 2tpg and takes 12 fg attempts per game. Arenas averages 28ppg 6apg 4rpg 3tpg and takes 20 attempts per game. How is that getting better at the pg position. I thought you guys just wanted a pass first pg. A playmaker. Arenas is a ballhog. You think Nelson took bad shots, get Arenas here and see what happens. I would go after a sg or pf if i was Otis next summer if i had 10-12 mill to spend.

The fact that you threw out numbers on assists and compared Jameer to Agent Zero is ridiculous.

Fine, you can start your own basketball team, and i'll start mine. I'll take my chances and pick Arenas.

Amazing....

Arenas also makes half the shots he takes. Arenas drills 3's as game winning shots.

Once the Hibachi gets hot, he cant be stopped.

If we got him, couple him with Dwight and Lewis, you know how much space Dwight would have in the paint.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

The fact that you threw out numbers on assists and compared Jameer to Agent Zero is ridiculous.

Fine, you can start your own basketball team, and i'll start mine. I'll take my chances and pick Arenas.

Amazing....

Ok you go ahead and see if that works. You complain about Nelson not setting teammates up but now you want Arenas right. Im done with this sh** 4real. Yall dont know what the fu** yall really want.

I like Arenas in a small-ball offense, but I have severe doubts about his game as it matches up with Dwight. I think it would be a Steve Francis/Yao Ming mix all over again. I think Gilbert's domination of the ball would be detrimental to Dwight's development.

Rob - Did you just say Arenas would be worse than Jameer? I like Jameer and all, but no way in he11 you're in your right mind.

You do know about the Washington Wizards right? They were the best team in our division before their players incurred injuries.

Arenas - Butler - and Jamison were the best in our division when healthy.

Shard is better than Butler and Dwight is better than Jamison. Therefore I see us pairing Arenas with Shard & Dwight a no brainer.

I will agree with you about trading for a SG though. You would think that Turk would be an attractive offer for most teams. You pair him with a future first round pick and the Magic should be able to pull a SG our way. Either Turk starts or gets dealt, but I don't like the idea of him coming off the bench and splitting time with Ariza & Shard.

Arenas doesn't enter it to the post, and dominates the ball. He is Steve Francis with the Rockets the first time around. Watch them play, Arenas handles the ball 12-16 seconds on most possessions. That is why Jamieson is frequently missing in action when they are on the court together. Arenas rarely makes an entry pass to the post.

quote:

Ok Otis bring Arenas to the Magic. I really dont care.

Ok I cant believe im even saying this sh** but I thought thats what you Magic fans wanted. A pass first pg. Arenas for one thing is a shooting guard playing the pg position. Another thing i do know about the Wizards and he shoots more than setting his teammates up. I rather go after Kobe than Arenas. Yes Lewis is better than Butler and H e ll NO Howard is better than Jamison on the offensive end. Jamison is more complete than Howard is now. But Howard is more physical than Jamison if that means hes better to yall, then ok whatever. But defensively of course hes better than Jamison. But it really wouldnt matter that much when Arenas rarely sets his teammates up. Of course having Arenas Lewis Howard would increase the Magic's points per game average but im saying having Arenas here, would he make other players better. Theres a big difference between Nash and Arenas. Now i thought we as Magic fans wanted a pg like Nash. Let me know when you guys changed yall mind. If Arenas was here, who would be the 1st option scorer than? All im saying is that i hear all this sh** about what Jameer can do, he needs to become a PASS pg and now you guys talking about Arenas. Like i said before if we going after somebody next offseason, then lets go after Kobe or something like that. Kobe can play unselfish and set players up. Also play great defense which we saw in the FIBA tourney. Call me whatever but Arenas isnt the answer. I wasnt comparing Arenas (an allstar type player) vs Nelson, i was just saying judging by their overall stats in the TURNOVER AND ASSIST CATEGORIES, Arenas is know different from Nelson. And he takes more shots then Nelson so that shows he might not get other players involved cause of him trying to hibachi teams by trying to drop 50pts on them. But I guess you guys changed since yesterday. Dont really care what happens anymore.