LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I guess with his stock the way it is already it would not benefit him to release any more workout/game footage until after the NCAA tourney has passed.

With so many good pg's in the league I am leery of using such a high pick on one, unless he's BAP.

I guess with his stock the way it is already it would not benefit him to release any more workout/game footage until after the NCAA tourney has passed.

With so many good pg's in the league I am leery of using such a high pick on one, unless he's BAP.

He has the build of a 2 guard though (in fact some analysts have likened his body to that of a young Michael Jordan) and can play either guard position (which is why I like him next to Oladipo).

He has the build of a 2 guard though (in fact some analysts have likened his body to that of a young Michael Jordan) and can play either guard position (which is why I like him next to Oladipo).

Someone read Fran's report from last night.

Someone read Fran's report from last night.

I actually didn't I watched a video on him a few months back that had Fran in it though.

I love exum. He's my favorite player in this draft based on how he fits on our current roster. Need to see more from him though.

I would like to see him period, except against Australian high schoolers.

He played in the Nike Hoop Summit against guys like Parker and Randle and the Harrisons etc (and was very good) and he was also named to the all tournament team at the FIBA U19's where he had 1 really special game against the Spanish team (as well as consistently being good throughout the rest of the tourny). It's not like he's never played against anybody talented. He's also been on the full Australian national team for a couple of years already I believe.

Chad Ford's newest mock draft has us taking Exum and Saric:

12. Dario Saric

Analysis: Many scouts think that Saric is one of the best talents in this draft. But his mercurial personality and questions about whether he'll really come to the NBA have hurt his draft stock a bit. Regardless, few players his size see the floor as well as he does.

For some reason, this does not give me warm fuzzies about the idea of drafting Saric.

He played in the Nike Hoop Summit against guys like Parker and Randle and the Harrisons etc (and was very good) and he was also named to the all tournament team at the FIBA U19's where he had 1 really special game against the Spanish team (as well as consistently being good throughout the rest of the tourny). It's not like he's never played against anybody talented. He's also been on the full Australian national team for a couple of years already I believe.

I'm certainly intrigued by the guy, based mainly off the Nike HS performance. The FIBA U19's didn't do much for me that I saw competition-wise; Creighton has a better team than any of those that participated. I'm not downplaying the intrigue but one big time game brings up ?'s for me. The Nike game was fantastic though-Parker, Randle, Wiggins, and Exum all played great. Forgot that Embiid and Vonleh were even in that game as well, has their stock risen or what?

So...Doug McDermott: Morrison, Kucher Korver, or Bird? Any other racially insensitive comparisons? He seems like he is going to be a legit scorer.