LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

You just named two players who are both clearly the second best players on their respective teams.

Not sure it's "clear" Aldridge is the second best player on Portland. I disagree with you, but I suppose you could make an argument for Lillard.

Not sure it's "clear" Aldridge is the second best player on Portland. I disagree with you, but I suppose you could make an argument for Lillard.

I'd probably rather have Aldridge. His midrange game is absolutely killer

Is the pick the Nuggets owe the Magic from them or New York protected? Right now the Nuggets pick should be around 10-12 and the Knicks pick will be 6-10.

No protection. We get the worse pick between the 2 though (Denver and New York)

It'll be interesting to see how much we value the prospects come June. To your point, DOM, but from a different angle… how many #1 guys are in this draft? What if Henny doesn't see one when we pick? Hmmm...

Here's a scenario that's been running through my brain: what if Parker lands in our lap at #3 and we don't love him as a #1 guy? I'd assume Utah would throw the kitchen sink and their pick (#8) at us for him. Would a combo of #8 and Favors for Parker be thrown at us? Would Henny consider it?

I know I'm throwing out ideas but my point is I had not been considering the trading scenario for our top pick until today.

If Parker lands to us at say 3 and we don't want him we could just pick someone left on the board that we do want (assuming they're worth the #3 pick). Favors isn't a star player and has a huge contract. If we want to trade down I'd rather acquire more picks.

Curious why Chad Ford has Wiggins at 2 and KJ McDaniels at 51 when McDaniels is probably more athletic than Wiggins and has generally been better this season. McDaniels is two years older but it's tough to hide behind age given how pedestrian Wiggins is at so many things.

Looking at the standings, I think Philly and Milwaukee are gone. Philly probably doesn't win more than two games the rest of the year (Really hope they end up getting the 5th or 4th pick as karma for their unabashed tanking). Just need to make sure LA, Boston and Sacramento don't catch up to us.

The New York/Denver pick is getting very interesting however. Both teams have completely collapsed so it's looking like we'll get at least a high teens pick. If Cleveland, Detroit and New Orleans can manage a couple extra wins to close out the season then we could be looking at getting that second pick as high as number 9 which could result in a draft night where we walk away with something like Exum and Vonleh.

Looking at the standings, I think Philly and Milwaukee are gone. Philly probably doesn't win more than two games the rest of the year (Really hope they end up getting the 5th or 4th pick as karma for their unabashed tanking). Just need to make sure LA, Boston and Sacramento don't catch up to us.

The New York/Denver pick is getting very interesting however. Both teams have completely collapsed so it's looking like we'll get at least a high teens pick. If Cleveland, Detroit and New Orleans can manage a couple extra wins to close out the season then we could be looking at getting that second pick as high as number 9 which could result in a draft night where we walk away with something like Exum and Vonleh.

That might be my dream draft in 3 words.