LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

19.6 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.1 assists.

28.2 points, 6.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists.

One is Michael Jordan's stats as a 20 year old college junior. The other is his stats as a 21 year old NBA rookie.

The college and pro games are completely different. Shaq was a worse college player than Christian Laettner was. You can't make direct comparisons across them that way.

So you're saying Wiggins will be better than MJ then?

... I jokes, I jokes.

This is why I have been cautious with Parker from the beginning. I know Mormons, I'm friends with a few. They are taught from a young age that their "Mission" is when a boy really becomes a man. It's a huge deal to them and completely frowned upon when a guy doesn't go. And for the record the mission is 2 years, not 1. That's 2 NBA seasons. Just something to monitor.

Maybe Fran Vasquez was a mormon on an extended mission. Oh I meant moron.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I wouldn't mind Parker one bit if he was BPA and he wanted to go on his mission. Sounds like someone that can represent our team and city very well. And hey, maybe we have a good team when he decides to join.

I have no doubt he's a great person with high morals but I personally do not want to wait a year or 2 in order to see him play if that is indeed the case. Again, no one knows for sure but we do know he hasn't come out and said he won't be going on the mission. Too many other good players in this draft to wait 2 years on a guy.

I have no doubt he's a great person with high morals but I personally do not want to wait a year or 2 in order to see him play if that is indeed the case. Again, no one knows for sure but we do know he hasn't come out and said he won't be going on the mission. Too many other good players in this draft to wait 2 years on a guy.

If indeed he is going on a mission, then I agree 2 years is too long to wait. Surely that question will be answered before the draft, so until that time and depending on the answer, he's in the mix

Yea it's not like Jabari is going to get drafted and then be like "Btw I'll see you in 2 years". It will be known before the draft what he plans on doing. Chad Ford says some of the teams he has spoken to have said they'd still draft him #1 overall even if he were going on the mission so it shouldn't affect his draft stock too much.

Zack (Chicago)

Vonleh has been looking great lately for IU, I know it is really early but what are you hearing about him and leaving after one year when he could possibly go higher next year

Chad Ford (1:54 PM)

I'm falling in love. Been watching him a lot lately. He's been shooting the three lately and his stroke looks really pure. With his size and athletic ability, he becomes a very interesting prospect. In some ways, and Kevin Pelton and I were emailing about this a bit last night, I think there's an argument to make that he might be a better long-term power forward prospect than Julius Randle. Most scouts don't agree with that yet, but I think there's some upside there that there might not be with Randle. He's a for sure Top 10 pick and might be the one guy who cracks into the Top 5.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49859

Good article on Vonleh. Keep your eye on this kid.

How much longer Vonleh will stay at Indiana is unclear.

Through six Big Ten games, he averages 12.4 points and is 9-of-12 from 3-point range.

Vonleh grew up idolizing Allen Iverson and Tracy McGrady, pioneers in a generation of NBA stars that refused to let their size determine their style of play.

"You don't want anybody to limit your game," he said.

Since arriving in Bloomington, he packed 20 pounds of muscle onto his frame to give him the power necessary to bang in the post in the Big Ten.

Vonleh doesn't talk about the NBA, according to those around him. But most mock drafts have him pegged as a lottery pick if he comes out after this season.

Like so many others, Pastore, the AAU coach, sees a bright future for Vonleh.

"God's not done with him," Pastore said, "and neither is Indiana."

http://www.indystar....-child/4819581/