LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I completely agree with 4thewin, and said it myself several (hundred) pages ago. You can't hate on Jameer Nelson for all of his shortcomings and then turn around and want Shabazz Napier here. They are very similar basketball players and people would eventually just call Napier an undersized, shoot-first point guard and call for his head.

I completely agree :)

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Philadelphia is no longer pursuing a deal with Cleveland for the No. 1 pick, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

I completely agree with 4thewin, and said it myself several (hundred) pages ago. You can't hate on Jameer Nelson for all of his shortcomings and then turn around and want Shabazz Napier here. They are very similar basketball players and people would eventually just call Napier an undersized, shoot-first point guard and call for his head.

I agree that they are similar on offense....The "BIG" difference to me is on the defensive side of the ball....I was just so impressed with how disruptive Napier was not just against UK but against every opponent UCONN played in the NCAA Tournament...I'm telling you guys, UCONN was shutting down some juggernaut NCAA teams and Shabazz was the ring-leader.

Just don't remember Jameer effecting games from a defensive standpoint like I saw from Napier...

I avoided reading anything NBA related all day, come home to learn THIS is the nonsense we traded AA for? I'll trust Rob, but it will be hard for anyone to convince me this is the best deal we could have received for a guy multiple teams were after. Even if we had to wait until near the deadline, something would have come our way. Trading our best asset away for a back up to Oladipo....not even sure what to say, just horrible.

Multiple teams were interested in him, yes, but that doesn't mean that any of them were interested in giving up anything better than what we got. It's best to trust that it would make no sense for Henny to take a lesser deal and that the most valuable deal in his eyes. Hopefully Fournier ends up being a steal, but even if he doesnt, we got the cap space and the extra pick.

try put up some quotes pls junkie

Ford said if Henny doesn't get completely shot down by the doctors that the Magic are gonna take Embiid....Right, 4thewin ???