LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

There could be a 3 team trade come first pick.

Magic, Cavs and I am hearing Kings will be involved.

where you hearing that?

Now, if Henny can find a way to net us the 8th pick from Sac, or at least salvage the 12th, then I'd be okay with us moving up.

"@chadfordinsider Magic would take Jabari at 1 I'm told. But deal isn't done. Cavs were just gauging value of 4th & 12th pick. Sixers also upping offer for 1"

We'd really take Parker over Wiggins? Not sure about that.

No clue. We would pick 1 of the 2 for sure. Maybe we say we're picking Parker so that philly won't best our offer in trying to get wiggins.

@stevekylerNBA

Cavs have shopped assets from both Orlando and Philly trying understand what they could get in return if they did a deal.

No clue. We would pick 1 of the 2 for sure. Maybe we say we're picking Parker so that philly won't best our offer in trying to get wiggins.

I like to think Hennigan is a poker player and there's some sort of smoke blowing going on there. I just think if we were to give up 4 & 12 to move up to #1, it would be to get the guy who seems most likely to be a superstar. I'm not sure Parker > Wiggins in that regard.

Where have you seen that?

ALL this for Jabari? Ughhh, well at least he is a kid with a good head, sounded solid in an Interview I heard back in October. He will be our scorer right away too....I just love defense and wanted Wiggins for that lockdown perimter D.....

I'm cautiously optimistic in my hope that this trade does not happen. You all realize we're going to suck again next year trading Afflalo and what would have been a second lottery pick in this draft, right? I think this trade, as constituted, actually slows down the rebuilding process. Just draft Vonleh or gamble on Embiid and try to move up from 12. Wiggins isn't Lebron and isn't a guy that is going to draw FA's anytime soon, so I'm having a hard time getting on board for this rumored deal.

And you think after this next year AA will want to stay and rebuild for 3 more years? No way, I understand your point of the 2 picks but why Gamble on Embid when theoretically speaking these injuries continue to nag a player on the court. Also looking at our team now with AA and then if we were to have Wiggins I personally think w/Wiggins is a much better. If anything it will show that our Management is willing to work/get pieces needed to be a top team and sometimes you have to take a gamble.. just not on an injured player that has only played 23 games and already going under the needle for 2 huge injuries for big men.

I like to think Hennigan is a poker player and there's some sort of smoke blowing going on there. I just think if we were to give up 4 & 12 to move up to #1, it would be to get the guy who seems most likely to be a superstar. I'm not sure Parker > Wiggins in that regard.

I know I'll come around if this goes down, but coming into this draft Parker was the last guy of the top 4 I wanted on this team. He is a talent and is probably a safer pick than Wiggins though and if the guy works on his body he could be pretty special.

Just draft Exum. Somehow, someway, just do that and I'll be happy.

There, until the draft starts or more trades and stuff happen that's really all I have to say.

(Yet I know I'll still check this thread every 15 minutes)