LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

um...

Ok. Read the top. It describes him as an evolving playmaker with great court vision. You guys will argue and nitpick stuff to death just to avoid the point being made.

Here is my curve ball prediction. If we end up keeping our picks we take Aaron Gordon at number 4. Mostly gut feel based on his work rate, personality and upside which all fit the Henny mold.

Also saw this today:

"Gordon, 18, is receiving consideration from the Orlando Magic (pick No. 4) and is not expected to get past the Sacramento Kings with the eighth selection, sources said."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arizona-s-aaron-gordon-learns-lessons-from-brother-s-nba-draft-nightmare-002416910-nba.html

Doesn't mean anything but I think he is a bit of a dark horse

You are confused. Im simply stating that if what he was saying was correct, why did a wing player dominate the league. Furthermore how did the spurs win a title with an old pg?

All I said was, rose, wall and westbrook are really really special players in this league cause their penetration ability.

Then you brought up the MVP, did I say those players are Mvps??

In fact you should google who was the former MVP if you wanna talk stuff that's completely unrelated.

And tony Parker belongs to that special group, further more, he is probably the head of that group.

All I said was, rose, wall and westbrook are really really special players in this league cause their penetration ability.

Then you brought up the MVP, did I say those players are Mvps??

In fact you should google who was the former MVP if you wanna talk stuff that's completely unrelated.

And tony Parker belongs to that special group, further more, he is probably the head of that group.

You're misconstruing what he is saying; His point is that wings dominate this league, not point guards.

• Upvote 1

You're misconstruing what he is saying; His point is that wings dominate this league, not point guards.

Exactly. And he brings up westbrook - a wing who plays the one and struggled early in with his passing . Kind of like victor.

Just trying to point out you're laughable wrong to compare wiggins to wade when one is apple and one is orange, and yes wiggins can't create offense, he only has two moves, drive and pull up or drive and spin, and doesn't use his explosive that well, sorry dude you're assessment was way off

463.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ok. Read the top. It describes him as an evolving playmaker with great court vision. You guys will argue and nitpick stuff to death just to avoid the point being made.

I have read many "experts" saying he lacks of super star offense as well, but I am not going to reference someone's view point to back up what I saw in him.

To me wiggins doesn't impress me at all on offense, somebody should check how many times he dunked this year that weren't in transition. Your ref says something about he finishes strong with dunks, that's pretty much where I stopped reading it.

I have read many "experts" saying he lacks of super star offense as well, but I am not going to reference someone's view point to back up what I saw in him.

To me wiggins doesn't impress me at all on offense, somebody should check how many times he dunked this year that weren't in transition. Your ref says something about he finishes strong with dunks, that's pretty much where I stopped reading it.

You should keep reading. You may actually learn about the topic you are debating.

You are confused. Im simply stating that if what he was saying was correct, why did a wing player dominate the league. Furthermore how did the spurs win a title with an old pg?

Ah. Cool. Thought I must have missed something, so I went back. I do agree with you on this point. Not many teams have ever won a championship with a point-guard superstar as their best player. Showtime Lakers, Bad Boy Pistons. That's really all I can think of at the moment. Even San Antonio doesn't really count, there. Parker is very good, and I wouldn't exactly say he's old - late prime, sure, but old is unfair; he's still one of the quicker guards in the league with the ball in his hands - but he's not a superstar, and not even hands-down the most important guy on that team.

That being said, to be a star wing player you have to be able to score in the half-court. Wiggins' shot is decent enough (assuming he makes it more consistent) to be a solid scorer in the half-court; but his lack of ball-handling will hurt him in the NBA, where lots of guys are CLOSE to as athletic as he is. I think to be a great wing scorer in the League you have to be either a great shooter (Durant, Reggie, etc.) or a great ball-handler (Jordan, Wade, etc.). Wiggins is neither, just an athlete, thus the Paul George comparisons.

IT is true that the two best players in the game are wings. However, outside of Lebron, no other wing in today's game has led his team to a championship.

SO unless we are expecting Wiggins/Parker to be the best player in the league, I think the point is moot

Kobe

• Upvote 1