LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Depending on which trade worked out, we could take back Varejao. He has an expiring contract that's 4 million guaranteed with no guarantee date. I don't like the idea of giving up Vuc either, though the idea of building a team around Exum/Oladipo/Parker/Harris/O'Quinn sounds pretty nice. Then we go to work in FA.

How would we get Exum and Parker with 1and 4? That would mean either 2 or 3 take Embiid. I doubt if that happens.

This whole stress fracture thing with Embiid is blowing my mind. Are we supposed to believe that this dude didn't know he had something wrong with his foot? How could the workout go well if he had a stress fracture? If Cleveland didn't take X-rays of his feet, would he be working out for another team today instead of having surgery? Did his back check out ok because it was never a back issue, but rather a foot issue that they kept under wraps? Too many things here don't make sense to me.

Unless you've done your due diligence scouting and are unconcerned with consensus. Picking one of the three solely based on consensus, if you've concluded Exum is the best player, would be equallly risky. Keep in mind, I'm not even saying this is the case, but who knows?

True. Remember when we blew up the team after The Finals and traded C-Lee for Vince just because ESPN told us to? Dwight is in Houston right now because we listened to consensus.

12/Afflalo/Harkless/Harris or 12/Vuc/Harkless

If need be, a future 1st as well in either scenario. For a rebuilding team this is the kind of draft you hope for, we need to take full advantage.

I almost can 100% guarantee Cleveland will want the 4th pick and not the 12th. I say if that's the case, 4, Afflalo, Hark and a future first for the number 1 pick. We select Parker with the 1st and Payton with the 12th. Or we could go with Wiggins and put him at the 2, slide Harris to the three with Oladipo at the pg spot with Meer and Payton backing him up. O'quinn at the 4 with Vuc at the 5.

http://probasketball..._medium=twitter

Per Kurt Helin, Embiid/Payton FTW....

I am starting to warm up to the idea, but it still makes me a bit nauseous to think about Oden 2.0

The back was already in question, now the foot. Hard, tough decision. That bone is in a bad spot for a 7 foot center. Although he would be such a great player for us, I just don't think I can get on board.

it's almost certain to say philly is going to take exum... cause there is a rumor saying MCW is getting traded....

It's time to give some love to Embiid now!!!

Re: Embiid... I forgot the back was stress fracture related too.. does he have brittle bones or something? Need some calcium? Logic would seem to think bones like that would not fair well with an 82 game season plus playoffs...

Glad I am not Henny..

it's almost certain to say philly is going to take exum... cause there is a rumor saying MCW is getting traded....

HbZq2r8__normal.jpegMarc J. Spears@SpearsNBAYahooFollow

Australian guard Dante Exum & ex-Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart are slated to work out individually for the Sixers on Sunday, sources say

5:25 PM - 20 Jun 2014

Philly might be going with Exum now. I have a feeling the top 3 will be 1. Wiggins 2. Parker 3. Exum

Because rumors are always true...

Because rumors are always true...

of course not, but some chatters are going on now, if you're rookie of the year, you generally don't hear your name in the trade talk the following year, and marcus and exum are in for a workout should tells you something too

nice try

2015 unprotected 1st pick + AA for JAZZ 5th, then take Smart

trade Vuc to LA or Boston and snag Aaron Gordon.

use 4th pick on Embiid.

use 12th pick to get a backup guard

Center = Embiid

PF = AG

SF = Harris

SG = VO

PG = Smart

who says no?

of course not, but some chatters are going on now, if you're rookie of the year, you generally don't hear your name in the trade talk the following year, and marcus and exum are in for a workout should tells you something too

nice try

You're reading into things too much. Some teams believe Smart is best as a 2, some believe Exum can play the 2 as well.

Just because some hack writes an article saying that he believes a team could trade a player or speculates what he thinks could happen doesn't mean said player is being discussed in trade talks. Might be news to you, but not everything on the internet is true. Quite frankly, the only people who know what rumors are legit are NBA GMs.