LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

How many picks do we have (besides our own) for the upcoming draft?

We own our 1st round pick as well as either the Knicks' or Nuggets' 1st round pick, whichever is the worse pick (there are no other protections on that pick). We do not own any 2nd round picks as Otis Smith traded that and last year's second round pick to Cleveland for Justin Harper (THANKS OTIS).

Cleveland is also breathing down the Knicks/Nuggets with potentially a win out schedule. I could see Cleveland bumping the Knicks/Nuggets.

Might want to check your math big guy.

So where do the Atl and Bos win have us sitting? Is everything locked in?

Locked into #12 unless we beat the odds, in which case we'd get the lower pick. Looking good for the 3rd worst record although Utah is still a concern.

Man it feels so good that the Knicks are officially eliminated from the playoffs. #3 and probably #12 sound good to me. Hopefully the second pick can sneak into the top 10.

Agreed. It would be nice to have two top ten picks, but I think the Nuggets and Knicks sit 11th and 12th. So we'd need luck on our side to see both of them get in and two to go out.

Fingers crossed we can win the lottery and get the first pick. It would be nice to be in the position to get whichever player we want. But if we end up with 3rd and 12th, we should be able to grab two good players to contribute to the team'a hopefully bright future.

Agreed. It would be nice to have two top ten picks, but I think the Nuggets and Knicks sit 11th and 12th. So we'd need luck on our side to see both of them get in and two to go out.

Fingers crossed we can win the lottery and get the first pick. It would be nice to be in the position to get whichever player we want. But if we end up with 3rd and 12th, we should be able to grab two good players to contribute to the team'a hopefully bright future.

Next year is going to be exciting. Having two lottery picks plus Oladipo and Harris not being on restricted minutes (to help the tank), I think this team is going to be a world apart from this years!

So happy that NY is out. This season went much better than I expected in terms of positioning for the draft. I thought we'd be too good for the 3rd worst record and the fact that Denver and New York (two teams that made the playoffs easily last year) became the 11th and 12th worst is just sweet