LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Just for fun our roster next season as follows...

Bledsoe / Payton

Oladipo / Fournier

Parsons / Harkless

Gordan / Harris

Vucevic / Oquinn

Thoughts? LOL

Payton is this year Lillard, small school not many people have seen him play and what we do see its just highlights. However the kid seems to be pretty level headed. He got the the FT line 302 times, so we know he likes to attack. The kid put in over 200+ more minutes than anyone on his team at ULL and seemed to be just fine with getting what he can and dishing it when needed. I wouldn't say he is a pass first but when he drives to the rim he definitely looks to dish it and if nothing like I said he can get to the FT Line/finish.. something that I think Oladipo struggles at.

In due time we will figure it out but I think we got a great kid here and hope he along with the team can bring us back to the glory years in the playoffs.

getting to the FT line doesn't help much when you shoot 60% from there. There's a reason Rondo doesn't often score much. He can get into the lane at will, too, but teams just foul him unless it's one of those odd days where's he's not missing every time at the line.

Are you predicting he fails? Or are you saying if he does, those would be the reasons? Actually my second question doesn't make any sense. Are you predicting he fails?

If he fails. I don't think he will.

Bledsoe / Payton

Oladipo / Fournier

Parsons / Harkless

Gordan / Harris

Vucevic / Oquinn

Thoughts? LOL

Well, you misspelled Gordon. Other than that, yes please.

And Payton's weaknesses are relatively poor performances against elite teams. He doesn't have that highlight performance that Lillard did. Overstating his performances in the sunbelt and workouts will be the reason this pick fails, not body language.

Poor performances against elite teams?? yes the Louisville game he struggled but other than that. I think you may be worried because he is more unknown that Lillard and therefore makes it seem more risky of a pick .

If you look at his lines from Baylor, GA State and the Creighton game he played pretty well.

Also we could very well be in for more plays in the free agency... this maybe not be the end...

If the Lakers need to shed contracts to get one of those big time free agents....

we have Nelson and Lamb standing by..

LA trades: Nash, Marshon Brooks to ORL, Randle to Boston.

ORL Trades: Payton, Nelson, Lamb to LA, LA's 2017 1st pick to Boston.

Boston trades: Smart to ORL.

LA gets: Payton, 7-8 mill savings

ORL gets: Smart

Boston gets: Randle and 1st pick

Bledsoe / Payton

Oladipo / Fournier

Parsons / Harkless

Gordan / Harris

Vucevic / Oquinn

Thoughts? LOL

Fournier will probably be our backup PG, Nelson will be gone, our young guys need playing time now, that's why they moved AA.

Gordon is a lock at PF.

Poor performances against elite teams?? yes the Louisville game he struggled but other than that. I think you may be worried because he is more unknown that Lillard and therefore makes it seem more risky of a pick .

Opponent min fgm/a pct 3fg/a pct ftm/a pct off def tot pf AST T/O BLK STl PTS

Baylor 40 6-19 .316 1-3 .333 7-8 .875 4 5 9 3 7 3 0 2 20

Creighton 40 9-20 .450 1-4 .250 5-9 .556 2 6 8 2 3 1 2 3 24

GA. State 45 8-18 .444 1-2 .500 2-6 .333 2 2 4 3 6 4 0 1 19 <-- Sun Belt Championship Game

Georgia State is ELITE? I gotta tell my friend who went there about that. He'll get a kick out of it. And that Baylor game is not very good. 6-19 is ugly.

Those 2 guys are WINNERS & will give 110% effort to fix there flaws including shooting and become the BEST players they can be.

As a fan thats all we can ask for i believe.

Gordons demeanour is special.

I think what we are building is beyond exciting.

Straight off the bat we now are the most YOUNG & ATHLETIC team in the entire league. We CRAZY DEFENCE. Something we lacked BIGTIME!

These guys being so young is not a worry either OLADIPO, HARRIS, OQUINN from what i see and hear and LEADERS and mature beyond there years.

HIGH CHARACTERS.

Let alone Jameer if he is staying on.

I'm not worried. He has question marks. I highlighted them. I think he can overcome them. None of those teams are elite.