LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Payton and Vonleh is a dream, that just may come true. I like Payton far more than Exum. So that's essentially getting 2 top 5 picks.

Why stop at top 5? Lets call it 2 of the top 3, or even the top two prospects.

Hey Guys im selling this new pill I created that will help you sleep for 3 days so if you take it tonight at 7:00pm you'll be up in time for the draft on Thursday.

Anybody want 1?

How athletic and defensively stout would a starting 5 be that included Oladipo, Payton and Vonleh? Add Vuc's scoring and rebounding ability and Harris/Harkless at the 3 and that's something to get kinda excited about.

I hear great things from Vonleh but I also see people comparing him with Andrew Nicholson (which seems kinda insane). I'd like to get him because he seems to be a good compliment to Vucevic and can actually shoot the ball

Hey Guys im selling this new pill I created that will help you sleep for 3 days so if you take it tonight at 7:00pm you'll be up in time for the draft on Thursday.

Anybody want 1?

Gotta watch the World Cup

These latest rumors of Embiid reek of smokescreens. Seems like Tellem (the guy who made sure Kobe fell to the Lakers) is going to exploit Embiid slipping in order to ensure he is drafted by the Celtics or Lakers.

Honestly, day by day it seems to get less likely we get Exum and I'm becoming less and less excited about draft day and knowing we'll probably have to settle for one of Smart/Vonleh/Gordon.

Sad but true I think. Tellem is going to do everything possible to keep Embiid out of Orlando.

Really, the ping-pong balls screwed us.

Sad but true I think. Tellem is going to do everything possible to keep Embiid out of Orlando.

Really, the ping-pong balls screwed us.

Not sure I get this? We can still draft him and make Boston or LA trade for him.

Idk about Lavine. The guy scored 8 points total in 3 NCAA tournament games going 3-15 from the field and 0-8 from the 3 point line. Had 12 games scoring less then 5 points including multiple scoreless nights. I know numbers don't always tell the whole story, but my god he was brutal so many games. Not to mention his 1.8 APG is just funny.

I would take Ennis and Payton over him for sure. But if they were both gone I wouldn't be upset with it, I just have a hard time with how bad his numbers were last year.

How many of you think Vucevic and Embiid can play in the court together? I know Vucevic has nice range but how do you see his defense holding up. Vucevic seems pretty slow footed and could get abused playing the four spot. I mean I could be wrong and I hope I am if they take Embiid because you have to put your best players on the court together.

I think he will do well and other 4s will have issues keeping him off the glass.