LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Are we looking to draft eagle scouts or guys with fire that have a drive to win? This is absurd and I don't even want Smart.

Sure, as long as they're the most talented guy. I don't think smart is that guy at 4

Other issues, such as his reputation for flopping, and the very short fuse he showed pushing a fan in the stands at Texas Tech, are ones NBA teams will likely want to explore further during the draft process. This reportedly wasn't the first time he put hands on someone according to what we've been told by reliable sources. Additionally, while many are quick to laud his intangibles as a winner, it's important to note that he did not win a NCAA Tournament game in his two years at Oklahoma State.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3587jGIkF'>http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3587jGIkF

http://www.draftexpress.com

Not sure I buy the Kings and Hornets passing on Gordon, because arguably both teams need to upgrade the PF position. The Kings already have Gay and Williams for SF, so they have no need to add another; and the Bobcats already have Henderson to start at SG and could acquire a backup SG at #24 or in the second round.

Also, I don't think (or at least I hope) we will take Embiid. Our main need isn't another center, especially an injury prone one. I'd rather see us draft Randle or Smart at #4 than go with Embiid.

With Embiid fracturing his foot, it could give the Magic a chance to move up to no 1. Would Cle consider any of our big men? Say O'quin or Nicholson and 4 for No 1?

No

Probably 4 and afflalo

With Embiid fracturing his foot, it could give the Magic a chance to move up to no 1. Would Cle consider any of our big men? Say O'quin or Nicholson and 4 for No 1?

I think we'd need to package #4 and #12 to get their interest. As let's face it, the 76ers have more assets to move up and by all accounts like Wiggins. So I think we need to put our two first rounders on the table to start talks.

It is worth trying because if we could land Parker or Wiggins that would give us a potential star. But it depends what we need to give up.

for defense

The Bobcats [now Hornets] went out into free agency and brought in Al Jefferson, a guy not known for his defensive prowess. Yet, he was part of a line up that was one of the top five defenses in the regular season. So you can carry a center or power forward with less than stellar defense, if the rest of the line up can make up for it.

Right now, I'd rather stick with Vuc than go for Embiid. I can see why Embiid would be an improvement defensively, but his injuries are a big concern.

No

Probably 4 and afflalo

I think they have like 8 guards on their team Dion Waiters starting at 2. They want to go big. I heard that Kyrie and Dion do not get along so maybe add Dion and Afflalo to the trade somehow.