LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Vonleh has plenty of film if you want to see his defense outside. One thing people post that probably never played basketball is when they see him sag off guys and tempt them to shoot. They do not understand that he was told to do that. Im not saying you, but I have read comments on some of his videos about that. They act like he is not closing out the shooter, and it's cringey.

Randle is more - 'what you see is what you get' than Vonleh. Does not have the measurables. Also has a foot that will require surgery at some point. I see Vonleh as a top 5 pick, Randle as a top 8-9.

Embiid has a stress fracture. So I don't see the Magic taking him.

I will bet you if Embiid is at 4, the Magic will grab him, if not, I will bow to you here.

I think you may get really bummed out when you read about the bone he is having surgery on.

It's the same one Yao Ming had, and yes I have read it

I will bet you if Embiid is at 4, the Magic will grab him, if not, I will bow to you here.

How about we bet candy?

I will send you a 3 musketeers if you are right.

I prefer Snickers.

There is no way Magic is going to draft Joel at #4 with his injury concerns

I do not even want Marcus Smart but I would pick him over Joel....

They will if they believe it won't be a chronicle issue.

The way I look at it, DRose has bigger issues than Embiid now, people still pay him and expect him to come back.

If his injury is one and done and can recover, we will pick him.

Like I said earlier, ACL tear and bone stress fracture are different stuff... with ACL like DRose and Noel have, that type of injury will have an impact to their entire career, physically and mentally, if the bone can be healed, I see no problem with making that selection.

This could turn out to be the steal of the century for the Magic.

His shooting is far from elite and his vision and passing are only average for a PG.

1) Quick, how many of the top ten point guards in the league are elite shooters from outside?

2) both NBAdraft.net and Draftexpress site his passing instincts as above average, not quite elite. 4.8 to 2.5 assist-to-turnover ratio, in an offense where he wasn't often able to use the pick-n-role, and where he played more in the post than any other point guard.

The Magic will pick Joel Embiid now. We will have twin towers like Duncan and Splitter in San Antonio. Except younger.

ACL and bone fracture are two different stuff.

His back is good. I believe the magic will pick him and this will turn out to be the best for the Magic!

Yeahhhhhh, I don't know about all that. He fractured one of the slowest healing bones in your body and this just throws up another red flag for Embiid. Chances for Exum have depleted by a large margin.

They will if they believe it won't be a chronicle issue.

The way I look at it, DRose has bigger issues than Embiid now, people still pay him and expect him to come back.

If his injury is one and done and can recover, we will pick him.

Like I said earlier, ACL tear and bone stress fracture are different stuff... with ACL like DRose and Noel have, that type of injury will have an impact to their entire career, physically and mentally, if the bone can be healed, I see no problem with making that selection.

This could turn out to be the steal of the century for the Magic.

If the Magic does pick Joel, everyone would be very concerned with Joel's injury issues and I would not blame them and we will just have to hope for the best