LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

We are staying at #4. And I believe Henny will make the best choice as to who best FITS this team, and not make any rash judgments on who all the "experts" are high on.

Gery Woelfel ‏@GeryWoelfel

Dante Exum worked out for Bucks today. He politely declined interview, per his agent Rob Pelinka's instructions.

declined interviewing with teh media? or declined talking with the bucks management?

Obviously media. You don't decline an interview with a potential employer.

i don't know, pelinka's kinda a major skeez...don't see it being totally impossible for him to say, you can go work out, but then we're leaving and don't talk to anyone, lol

Just sharing... From Hornets writer

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24588626/draft-options-what-can-the-hornets-do-with-the-no-9-pick

Trade for a vet: There's not an elite center on the market. So that's out. One thing that is legitimately interesting? Henderson, the No.9, and the No. 24 for Aron Afflalo, Andrew Nicholson, and the No. 24. That gives both teams a legitimate upgrade in their plans. The Magic get future assets and would have four top-25 picks, the Hornets get the shooter they want without sacrificing defense.

(Im guessing its a typo when he has the Magic trading the No. 24 pick)

He also thinks that Smart could fall to 9. So take it for what it is.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24588626/draft-options-what-can-the-hornets-do-with-the-no-9-pick

Trade for a vet: There's not an elite center on the market. So that's out. One thing that is legitimately interesting? Henderson, the No.9, and the No. 24 for Aron Afflalo, Andrew Nicholson, and the No. 24. That gives both teams a legitimate upgrade in their plans. The Magic get future assets and would have four top-25 picks, the Hornets get the shooter they want without sacrificing defense.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat

I think you misunderstood bro. They're saying that the Bobcats should trade #9 and #24 to the Magic for Afflalo, Nicholson, and a future 2nd.

I'm with you Mauro, that deal is very enticing and it benefits both sides. The Magic would end up with four 1st rd picks and would be able to wheel and deal their way through the draft.

I'm with you Mauro, that deal is very enticing and it benefits both sides. The Magic would end up with four 1st rd picks and would be able to wheel and deal their way through the draft.

Ditto. That would be great. True draft and stash stuff.

I think you misunderstood bro. They're saying that the Bobcats should trade #9 and #24 to the Magic for Afflalo, Nicholson, and a future 2nd.

That would be a good trade. It would give us options and a younger veteran.

I would package the 9th and 24th for a pf.

Line up

Vuch / Oquinn / Dedmon

Gordan or Randle / Harris / Max

Harkless / Mcdermott

Victor / Henderson / Lamb

Exum / Nelson / Price

Gordan's ability to guard both sf and pf would be great for doug

I think Noah would be out of range.

I'm not quite sure about that Cats deal (mostly because I don't see Smart dropping that far), but I might be guilty of some homer overvaluing. I would love Saric at 9 though....