LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

What if we get Parker and smart???

That'd be nice

That's something I actually thought. Exum might get drafted over Parker, and if Embiid with his shot-blocking is taken (how many of those exist, and his upside is much higher than Noel's last year who fell), I could see this happening. Even more, Smart is outside of many analyst's top 10. This would legitimately happen and our starting line-up in 2 years could be

Smart

Oladipo

Harris

Parker

Vuc

That's scary.

May thoughts are that Cav may trade for love. I just see it happening.

Didn't think about that. Absolutely could be the case. Putting Love and Kyrie in a pick-and-roll game would be deadly.

Kings put No. 8 pick on trading block

SACRAMENTO -- The Kings put the No. 8 pick in the draft on the trade block immediately after the lottery Tuesday night, league sources told NBA.com, clearly looking to add at least one impact veteran in an attempt to push into the playoff conversation next season rather than wait for another rookie prospect to develop.

While several teams choosing in the top 10 on June 26 will be fielding trade offers as part of a deep draft with several intriguing prospects, the Kings have signaled they will take a proactive approach in hoping to make a deal. It is the same aggressive stance the team took early in 2013-14, before the new front office headed by owner Vivek Ranadive and general manager Pete D'Alessandro made two moves, including acquiring Rudy Gay from Toronto in the kind of bold strike Sacramento would like to emulate with a valuable draft pick as bait.

The Kings have several needs in the aftermath of the 28-54 finish, most notably an upgrade on defense, adding dependable perimeter shooting and finding a playmaker point guard, whether or not Isaiah Thomas returns as a restricted free agent. Those could be addressed at No. 8 in the draft, but with the possibility of the kind of test of patience they just went through with Ben McLemore, the seventh pick in 2013.

It was immediately unclear if the Kings have a specific target. But Dennis Schroder, the German point guard firmly behind Jeff Teague on the Hawks depth chart, could come up. Had McLemore been gone at No. 7, Sacramento would have looked hard at Schroder or at trading back.

via nba.com

I could easily see Cavs going Embid. If his back clears out, like everyone is saying, and he's the consensus no1 pick, than why would he fall to us like everyone is assuming? But I guess it's a win win.

Cause teams get scared bro. Hell, Embiid could opt not to share his medical info to avoid Cleveland. Its a crapshoot, but there's a somewhat consensus top four and Embiid is in it. If he slides to 4 you take him with a middle finger flailing and count your lucky stars.

Didn't think about that. Absolutely could be the case. Putting Love and Kyrie in a pick-and-roll game would be deadly.

uncle drew n k love did that video a while back. how ironic it COULD become

May thoughts are that Cav may trade for love. I just see it happening.

Love would never sign an extension in Cleveland, so yes, I could see them doing this. :)

Right. Afflalo and #12 could get potentially get us into the #6-8 range for Vonleh or Gordon. No more handouts fellas, we don't need the #1 pick to get this done.Draft night is going to be AWESOME...I mean anything could happen!

yup.

our trade peices are AA/nelson/oquinn/nicholson/agent-zeros-spirit/the-12th-pick

Get it done henni... just get it done....

yup.

our trade peices are AA/nelson/oquinn/nicholson/agent-zeros-spirit/the-12th-pick

Get it done henni... just get it done....

i think any 1 is available apart from oladipo, vuc & harris

maybe even jst dipo who is not tbf

so maybe 8 & 9 can be had so far i reckon.......

ps: ***** you otis smith for getting rid of our 2nd rounder which falls at 33 to them cav *****ers!

Doesn't Embid's back issues concern anyone else?

I do not think there is an issue until there is one. At no point has there been any complete evidence about his back issues. Before the draft this will be addressed, until then you treat him equally. That being said at this point of time I would prefer Embid over Exum.