LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I've seen the idea of trading Afflalo to SAC thrown around some. I've also seen the Kings taking Smart in a few mocks.

Does anyone think there's a chance they take Smart and trade him to us for AA?

A deal which sees Arron Afflalo traded to Sacramento for Marcus Smart could be a good move for both teams. We would grab our future point guard, and they would have a proven starting shoot guard. The other option would be Arron Afflao traded to Sacramento for Noah Vonleah, again that move could be good for both teams. But personally I see them deciding to stay at #7, or make a bold move to trade up to grab one of the special players.

If they do decide to stay at #7, they should be in a position to have a choice between Marcus Smart and Noah Vonleh. The Kings might decide to draft and keep Marcus Smart to give them flexibility when it comes to addressing Isaiah Thomas' contract this off season. By drafting Smart they could let Thomas walk, perform a sign-and-trade like they did last season with Tyreke Evans, or shift Thomas to sixth man to give them energy and scoring to their rotation. I think Marcus Smart would be a good addition to their team, and equally Vonleh could be an excellent addition, because him and Cousins could form a dominant double act in their front court. Whatever they decide to do, I am not convinced the Kings would move if Smart and Vonleah are available at #7, or if a player like Randle falls and is available at #7.

That said, I wouldn't be against a trade like Afflalo for Smart, or Afflalo for Vonleh.

Interesting question. How many of this years top 10 would have been taken in the top 3 of last years draft.

I'd say 7, maybe 8.

Interesting question. How many of this years top 10 would have been taken in the top 3 of last years draft.

Likely: Embiid, Wiggins, Parker

Possibly: Randle, Smart, Exum, Vonleh,

Another interesting question, how many of last year's draft would be taken top 3 in this tear's draft? And if none, then how many would be taken top 10 in this year's draft?

I really hope we win the 1st overall pick just due to the fact that the 76ers have so many picks I'd like to get from them. They have 5 second rd picks and I'd trade them the first for let's say the 3rd pick and 2 of their seconds.

I really hope we win the 1st overall pick just due to the fact that the 76ers have so many picks I'd like to get from them. They have 5 second rd picks and I'd trade them the first for let's say the 3rd pick and 2 of their seconds.

Woah, any lottery pick holds considerably more value than any collection of second rounders. I hope we get the top pick as well, but just because we need Wiggins. If we get the first pick, I don't even know if I would trade it for their third and tenth picks, unless we knew we could package the 10th and 12th picks and get up to number 7 or so.

My question is what do you all think the likelihood of us trading up if we get the 4-6th pick is? I would put it at less than 5%.

Woah, any lottery pick holds considerably more value than any collection of second rounders. I hope we get the top pick as well, but just because we need Wiggins. If we get the first pick, I don't even know if I would trade it for their third and tenth picks, unless we knew we could package the 10th and 12th picks and get up to number 7 or so.

My question is what do you all think the likelihood of us trading up if we get the 4-6th pick is? I would put it at less than 5%.

In this draft you don't think it'd be worth it to trade the #1 pick to get the #3, #32, and #39?

@DraftExpress: Freakish measurements for Noah Vonleh. 6'8" w/o shoes. 7'4.75 wingspan (+8.75"!) Hand length of 11.75" is 2nd all time to Greg Smith's 12.0"

@DraftExpress: Only 3 players measured at 6'10" or taller without shoes. Last year 10. Prev: 2012-6, 2011-3, 2010-5, 2009-3, 2008-5, 2007-7, 2006-6, 2005-7

In this draft you don't think it'd be worth it to trade the #1 pick to get the #3, #32, and #39?

No. Most 2nd rounders never have any impact whatsoever.

@chadfordinsider: Dante Exum measured 6-6 in shoes, 196 pounds with a 6'9.75 wingspan. That's huge for a NBA PG.

BEAST, definitely has the size and talents to play both guard positions.