LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Kevin Pelton of ESPN on Randle:

WARP projection: 1.7 (15th among top 100)

Comparables: Brandon Bass (96.1), J.J. Hickson (96.1), Al-Farouq Aminu (96.0),Spencer Hawes (95.8)

Analytics: While Randle improved over the course of the season, his WARP projection is still on the low side for a near-certain top-10 pick. Part of the issue, as I discussed with Chad Ford earlier this season, are his weak defensive numbers in terms of steals and blocks. The combination is a red flag about Randle's ability as a help defender.

Beyond that, Randle's offensive numbers have been merely good, not dominant. Translated to its NBA equivalent, his 50.1 percent 2-point mark is only average -- below average for a power forward -- and his turnover rate is also a concern. Randle was elite on the glass, but more was expected out of a possible No. 1 pick.

http://t.co/If3dmL9sm8

Word is Cleveland might trade their pick for a shooter next to Irving and Waiters. AA makes perfect sense…

AA + The Professor = 9.

Rack 'em!

Top 3 (I hope), 9 and 12 in a rather good draft?

Henny might get drunk in public if he pulled off such a draft day.

I don't think we'll trade Afflalo honestly. Trading your top scorer (and best 3 point shooter) and adding 3 rookies to the rotation is a sure fire way to lose more games than the year before.

Word is Cleveland might trade their pick for a shooter next to Irving and Waiters. AA makes perfect sense…

AA + The Professor = 9.

Rack 'em!

Deng will probably leave so that makes sense. I'd be all for it

I don't think we'll trade Afflalo honestly. Trading your top scorer (and best 3 point shooter) and adding 3 rookies to the rotation is a sure fire way to lose more games than the year before.

Not if you leave one overseas and you believe it's time to hand over leadership. I think it'll be very interesting.

Not if you leave one overseas and you believe it's time to hand over leadership. I think it'll be very interesting.

If we trade aa for a rookie, he better play next year. the tank stops and we start winning 2014-2015. For this reason, I also can see us keeping aa. aa has a player option after this year. if we think he will leave, I would trade him now.

likely not going to have a winning record next year trading AA or no

Suprising things can happen in the east. Wtih the right talent, we could make 8th seed.

I just want to get the right young guys the right amount of touches and shots. That is why I don't want us to pick up the option on Jameer, and I want us to heavily consider trading AA. I'd rather Victor, Harris, Vooch and our two rookies develop than get the 8th seed.

I just want to get the right young guys the right amount of touches and shots. That is why I don't want us to pick up the option on Jameer, and I want us to heavily consider trading AA. I'd rather Victor, Harris, Vooch and our two rookies develop than get the 8th seed.

I respectfully disagree with you on this. Throughout history there are plenty of players who have developed without playing major minutes early in their career.

My other worry about having little veteran presence is we will become like Washington used to be. Full of young players with potential but no leadership which in my opinion stunted their development and allowed them to develop bad habits.

And then we draft Okafor. You're getting it now.