LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Andrew (DC)

I think people have forgotten the type of impact that Nerlens Noel is capable of having. The kid had an incredibly high steal% to accompany the shot blocking ability. If he has spent an entire year honing his offensive, he could be the best rookie THIS upcoming year. (blake was reclassified)

Kevin Pelton (5:10 PM)

And if he's healthy

The you have Affalo at the 2, Jameer either backing up Exum or grooming him to be a starter, Vuch at the 4 with his mid-range game (assuming this since I don't watch much Orlando) and......

BOOM !!!!!

I remember riding by Amway the night Dipo was drafted thinking what could have been.....Anyway Soul, I think Nerlens is gonna be a force....You could have had your rim-protector that I see you posting frequently.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was impossible for us to get #5. Pretty sure we're guaranteed a top 4 pick

We're not. Three teams could jump over the 1,2, & 3 teams which in a worst case scenario would leave us at 6.

He's got Adam Morrison v2 written all over him. I just don't think he'll transition well into the NBA.

Other than being white they're nothing alike.

We're not. Three teams could jump over the 1,2, & 3 teams which in a worst case scenario would leave us at 6.

The Lakers and the Celts have a good bunch of ping pong balls. Dont be surprised if both manage to move to top 3 by good "luck".

Guys, I get the concern about losing superstars to the LAL. It happened with our two best players in Magic history. To not raise the concern would be silly. However, I also believe we have a bright future and each prospect needs to be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Did we not have a bright future with Shaq, Penny, 3D, Nick and Horace plus the 3 first rounders we got for Webber. The pain still lingers.

Other than being white they're nothing alike.

If you were to compare him to some other white guy, I'd say the closest pick would be Kyle Korver.

Oh, and what a coincidence, they both went to Creighton. :)

Those that say that randle is small are normally referring to his wingspand and the fact he plays below the rim. He has problems with length.

I have not seen him struggle with length, and he doesn't play below the rim out of necessity, he was just really good at it. He handled those Wisconsin seven footers respectably, and they were quite skilled. The NBA will open up the paint for him and you'll see him flush it more. He has near-elite athleticism, I have seen his head at/above the rim. He has a 7 foot wingspan, btw.

Did we not have a bright future with Shaq, Penny, 3D, Nick and Horace plus the 3 first rounders we got for Webber. The pain still lingers.

There was no excuse for Shaq leaving. Shaq left because he wanted to make Kazaam. Dwight though, I can't blame him.

I have not seen him struggle with length, and he doesn't play below the rim out of necessity, he was just really good at it. He handled those Wisconsin seven footers respectably, and they were quite skilled. The NBA will open up the paint for him and you'll see him flush it more. He has near-elite athleticism, I have seen his head at/above the rim. He has a 7 foot wingspan, btw.

He has a 6'11 wingspan and he's 6'9 ish. That's not good by any means. For comparison Andrew Nicholson is 6'9 with a 7'4 wingspan. Both Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins have a larger wingspan than Randle based on most recent measurements.

Andrew (DC)

I think people have forgotten the type of impact that Nerlens Noel is capable of having. The kid had an incredibly high steal% to accompany the shot blocking ability. If he has spent an entire year honing his offensive, he could be the best rookie THIS upcoming year. (blake was reclassified)

Kevin Pelton (5:10 PM)

And if he's healthy

The you have Affalo at the 2, Jameer either backing up Exum or grooming him to be a starter, Vuch at the 4 with his mid-range game (assuming this since I don't watch much Orlando) and......

BOOM !!!!!

I remember riding by Amway the night Dipo was drafted thinking what could have been.....Anyway Soul, I think Nerlens is gonna be a force....You could have had your rim-protector that I see you posting frequently.

Can't you just text him rather then hijack threads and not participate in other discussions?

• Upvote 2

He has a 6'11 wingspan and he's 6'9 ish. That's not good by any means. For comparison Andrew Nicholson is 6'9 with a 7'4 wingspan. Both Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins have a larger wingspan than Randle based on most recent measurements.

7 feet is fine for a pf. Picking freakishly long armed people does nothing.

On second glance Parker compared to Randle has a half inch on him in wing span, is an inch shorter, and 8 pounds lighter...and 'fluffier' -shout out to Trey on that one.