LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Well, the Nuggets won but if the Magic is getting the 10th or 11th pick then Denver losing does not really matter since it is just 1 spot dropoff....

Is my app slow? Says it's tied at the end of the fourth?

Well, the Nuggets won but if the Magic is getting the 10th or 11th pick then Denver losing does not really matter since it is just 1 spot dropoff....

One spot ALWAYS makes a difference. Lebron and Darko were only one spot but vastly different. I am THRILLED absolutely THRILLED Atlanta won and the Knicks lost. It was a great day for us. I could easily see a great player dropping to us at 10 or 11. With the first pick in the bag we could gamble a bit too. With picks and cap clearing up our team is nearing the bottom of the Otis induced pit. A couple free agents and we are rising fast.

One spot ALWAYS makes a difference. Lebron and Darko were only one spot but vastly different. I am THRILLED absolutely THRILLED Atlanta won and the Knicks lost. It was a great day for us. I could easily see a great player dropping to us at 10 or 11. With the first pick in the bag we could gamble a bit too. With picks and cap clearing up our team is nearing the bottom of the Otis induced pit. A couple free agents and we are rising fast.

True, but let's just hope Atl finishes this thing off sooner than later and keeps the pick in the lottery. I believe the magic number is now 3 (combination of Atl wins and NY losses) for the Hawks to clinch the 8th spot. It should happen but we are talking about the Hawks so who knows.

You are probably right

I would not be surprised if Magic draft a player and trades him to another team for more future draft picks and then use the other draft pick and keep that player

You are probably right

I would not be surprised if Magic draft a player and trades him to another team for more future draft picks and then use the other draft pick and keep that player

I would, because we should be able to get a solid player with our second pick likely being in the 10-12 range. I think there's a much better chance we try to move up from that position than move out of this draft.

I would, because we should be able to get a solid player with our second pick likely being in the 10-12 range. I think there's a much better chance we try to move up from that position than move out of this draft.

That is true, I wish the draft would get here already so we can find out what the Magic is going to do with those picks

That is true, I wish the draft would get here already so we can find out what the Magic is going to do with those picks

Agreed. Just hoping we wind up with a top 3 (Wiggins, Parker, Exum) and with that second lottery pick. I have a lot of faith in Henny, but some of this is just going to come down to dumb luck...or lack thereof.

Agreed. Just hoping we wind up with a top 3 (Wiggins, Parker, Exum) and with that second lottery pick. I have a lot of faith in Henny, but some of this is just going to come down to dumb luck...or lack thereof.

Yeah, we have no choice but to wait and see what happens but I just hope whatever moves that Rob does in the draft will work out for the Magic which hopefully can get the Magic to the playoffs

NO is right behind Denver as well; its not out of the realm of possibility that both CLE and NO finish stronger than NY and DEN. In such a scenario it would be the 9th pick.

I'm very confident Exum will be there for us (so long as we don't get the 6th pick). I think only the Lakers are the other tanking team that's truly interested in Exum. Every one else (Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, Jazz, Kings) are more interested in Wiggins, Parker or Embiid.