LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Stevan Karadžić

Can we move on now?

...also - is it just me or does Skiles look really yellow in my sig? I should fix that...

At this point, we are also left assuming that Kobe, McGrady, and Garnett were "coached up" in high school and this is why they were able to have the success they did in the NBA. Those coaches, whoever they are, deserve a ton of credit.

At this point, we are also left assuming that Kobe, McGrady, and Garnett were "coached up" in high school and this is why they were able to have the success they did in the NBA. Those coaches, whoever they are, deserve a ton of credit.

Kobe's dad played pro-ball and so did his uncle, which is why he was so mentally ready for the game.

McGrady was Vince Carter's cousin (although I don't know how close they were), so there was a little bit of pro-life in the area.

Garnett...dunno. Whomever was coaching at Farragut Career Academy at the time.

Stevan Karadžić

Can we move on now?

...also - is it just me or does Skiles look really yellow in my sig? I should fix that...

Nope, now I want Barnette to actually send me the phone number. lol

It's his justification, for now, on why we shouldn't draft overseas players. He listed Darko as an example of poor coaching affecting a player's potential in the NBA. Thus, why I'm pressing him on the matter. I haven't even engaged him further on Michael Beasley who actually had a decent college coach.

But even if poor coaching was the result of darko's downfall, what does it have to do with anyone? Any talented basketball player can potentially be hurt by bad coaching. It's such a small portion of a players success

But even if poor coaching was the result of darko's downfall, what does it have to do with anyone? Any talented basketball player can potentially be hurt by bad coaching. It's such a small portion of a players success

Oh, I completely agree with you. I think his whole viewpoint is garbage. But if he is going to cite Darko as an example of poor coaching leading to a player's downfall in the NBA then I think its only fair to ask him to provide the reasons why he thinks the coaching was bad. Truthfully, we all know that Barnette is lying at this point, but he was sooooo arrogant this entire time that it just feels amazing to continue to keep him backed into this corner.

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for that number Barnette.

Nope, now I want Barnette to actually send me the phone number. lol

Funny, thats not what you said to in PM. You actually said this:

"Sent Today, 12:39 PM

No, I don't want his number. I want you to post the name of Darko's coach along with the reasons you don't think he is a good coach in the main thread. "

Since you cant make up your mind, this convo is done. Im not replying to you on this anymore. Have a great day.

Thanks,

Erik Barnett

I know we talked about names like Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Exum... Has anyone talked about the possibility of drafting Aron Gordon? The 6'8 PF can run the floor, has good ball handling skills and can get up for Dunk. I think his quickness is something of value, if you were to compare him to a Drew Nicholson which doesnt have a lot of quickness.

Does anyone want to talk about Aron Gordon?

Funny, thats not what you said to in PM. You actually said this:

"Sent Today, 12:39 PM

No, I don't want his number. I want you to post the name of Darko's coach along with the reasons you don't think he is a good coach in the main thread. "

Since you cant make up your mind, this convo is done. Im not replying to you on this anymore. Have a great day.

Thanks,

Erik Barnett

Well, you haven't provided the above information either so I'll take what I can get. Was there something that outrageous with the request to provide the info that you supposedly gathered during conversations with your father-in-law? You offered me the phone number a second time on this forum after you already read my pm response. So, you were emboldened to post your pm on the main board thinking there was no way I would take you up on the offer. The only problem is that I'm very capable of spotting bs when I see it. You don't have a Serbian father-in-law and you don't know jack squat about Serbian basketball. You spent some time deployed to Serbia and you hoped that it would somehow provide you some credibility on the subject. It doesn't.

How does it feel to know that, after all the condescending and arrogant posts you have made in this thread, everyone that reads this thread knows without a shadow of a doubt that you are full of it?

I know we talked about names like Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Exum... Has anyone talked about the possibility of drafting Aron Gordon? The 6'8 PF can run the floor, has good ball handling skills and can get up for Dunk. I think his quickness is something of value, if you were to compare him to a Drew Nicholson which doesnt have a lot of quickness.

Does anyone want to talk about Aron Gordon?

He's good but he's a high end glue guy in the nba.

And really, Henny's got my respect. I had a vague idea who Oladipo was (I don't really watch college), but figured he'd be, at best, a kind of role-player or something. Now he might be the guy we build around. That's pretty cool.

So while there are bigger names out there this time around, I don't look at the rookies who are playing this year and saying: "Man, I wish we would have drafted _______________ instead." That's a good sign for our draft team. And obviously we'll be picking high. Maybe we should send along a kid with some degenerative disease so we get the #1 pick.

...that was kind of mean - I feel bad for that. Kind of. But not enough to edit it.

I might be a bad person.

And really, Henny's got my respect. I had a vague idea who Oladipo was (I don't really watch college), but figured he'd be, at best, a kind of role-player or something. Now he might be the guy we build around. That's pretty cool.

So while there are bigger names out there this time around, I don't look at the rookies who are playing this year and saying: "Man, I wish we would have drafted _______________ instead." That's a good sign for our draft team. And obviously we'll be picking high. Maybe we should send along a kid with some degenerative disease so we get the #1 pick.

...that was kind of mean - I feel bad for that. Kind of. But not enough to edit it.

I might be a bad person.

Yeah. You can potentially argue for Burke or MCW (I wouldn't). I'm happy with oladipo in last years crop.

That being said, this year should produce much better players. If oladipo was in this draft he probably goes between 7-12.