LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I know we talked about names like Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Exum... Has anyone talked about the possibility of drafting Aron Gordon? The 6'8 PF can run the floor, has good ball handling skills and can get up for Dunk. I think his quickness is something of value, if you were to compare him to a Drew Nicholson which doesnt have a lot of quickness.

Pretty Much. Sorry you went that far DOM.... I owe you some pants on that one.

On a serious note, Im not trying to be better than anyone else... Just thought it was the best approach to show some facts, like positing stats and such. I had no idea that some will go off the handle for putting up my LinkedIn.

Oh well... atleast you know more about who I am.

I tell you what, if you can tell me who Darko's coach was in Serbia along with some simple information such as coaching style, accomplishments, and why you think he is a bad coach, then I'll give your Linkedin link some credit. Otherwise, it doesn't mean a damn thing. It's the equivalent of me claiming to be an expert of the Colorado Avalanche because I spent a couple of months in Denver.

I tell you what, if you can tell me who Darko's coach was in Serbia along with some simple information such as coaching style, accomplishments, and why you think he is a bad coach, then I'll give your Linkedin link some credit. Otherwise, it doesn't mean a damn thing. It's the equivalent of me claiming to be an expert of the Colorado Avalanche because I spent a couple of months in Denver.

Nope its not happening. Regardless of what I put, you will do your best to contradict me.. its pointless. And my Career, where I have been, who I talk with and about what, doesnt need your "credit" blessing.

Moving On:

I know we talked about names like Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Exum... Has anyone talked about the possibility of drafting Aron Gordon? The 6'8 PF can run the floor, has good ball handling skills and can get up for Dunk. I think his quickness is something of value, if you were to compare him to a Drew Nicholson which doesnt have a lot of quickness.

Thoughts?

Nope its not happening. Regardless of what I put, you will do your best to contradict me.. its pointless. And my Career, where I have been, who I talk with and about what, doesnt need your "credit" blessing.

Moving On:

Thoughts?

My thoughts are you pulled Darko's name out of your *** with absolutely no idea of who is coach was. And you were called on it. You said that the reason you posted your Linkedin profile was to prove that you spent time in the area. Cool, you spent time there. I have lots of friends that spent time there as well. That doesn't make them an expert on Serbian basketball.....no more than the time I spent in Saudi Arabia makes me an expert on their soccer team. I'm waiting for the "facts" that your link supposedly provides. Am I going to somehow contradict a fact like the actual name of his coach? Just admit that you are full of crap and we can move on.

And I don't give a damn about your professional accomplishments. Even though you clearly want us to based off your initial comments when you posted the link.

My thoughts are you pulled Darko's name out of your *** with absolutely no idea of who is coach was. And you were called on it. You said that the reason you posted your Linkedin profile was to prove that you spent time in the area. Cool, you spent time there. I have lots of friends that spent time there as well. That doesn't make them an expert on Serbian basketball.....no more than the time I spent in Saudi Arabia makes me an expert on their soccer team. I'm waiting for the "facts" that your link supposedly provides. Am I going to somehow contradict a fact like the actual name of his coach? Just admit that you are full of crap and we can move on.

And I don't give a damn about your professional accomplishments. Even though you clearly want us to based off your initial comments when you posted the link.

Emmory I sent you a PM....but let me go ahead and just post it here:

If you would like, I will give you the number to my Father-In-Law who is from Serbia (Zndeko Milicevic) and you can ask away all the questions thats burning your heart. He has been in my family since 2001 telling me all about the country, history, sports, politics, etc. We talk alot about basketballnd the differences between the two countries. When it comes down to it the difference is money. Then in 2005, I was blessed with the opportunity to go there and see for myself, and to talk to other locals about everything. And what I have seen and heard is correct, money has everything do with basketball there. Soccer is champ, everything else is a side story.

(Side thought) My Father in Law said that his family is somehow connect to Darko's.... but then again he said the same thing about Zoran Planinic' who pplayed for tthe Nets.

If you dont want his number, then lets move forward and talk about Aron Gordon.

I'm hoping he falls to our second pick.

Well, you saved me the trouble of posting your pm on the main boards. So, if I have this straight, you are willing to give me, a complete stranger, your father-in-law's number but you won't simply tell us what he said about Darko's coaching in Serbia? Really? I'm willing to take his information 3rd hand. I'll tell you the truth, I think you tried to google Darko's coach and didn't find anything and now you are hoping to bluff your way out of this predicament. I tell you what, go ahead and pm me his number and I call him, explain to him that his son-in-law gave out his phone number to a stranger on the internet, and then I'll attempt to engage him in a conversation on Serbian basketball. I'll post the entire conversation on the forum and you'll be vindicated. Go ahead and send it to me.

What does Darkos coach even have to do with anything?

It's his justification, for now, on why we shouldn't draft overseas players. He listed Darko as an example of poor coaching affecting a player's potential in the NBA. Thus, why I'm pressing him on the matter. I haven't even engaged him further on Michael Beasley who actually had a decent college coach.