LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Really, okay CT please entertain me and the rest of the forum on how much playing time Darko saw under Larry Brown? (I know the answer)

Please post it... Plese... I want to smile before I sleep.

Are you suggesting that the only way a player can receive coaching is if he receives playing time? Because that's not just wrong, it's really, really, outrageously crazy wrong. To summarize your thoughts in this thread: you went from not wanting the Magic to draft any overseas players because of Fran Vasquez, then accused a few forum members of wanting to draft players that no research or scouting had been done on, despite them saying nothing of the sort, to backpedaling and admitting that you would prefer the Magic to only draft an overseas player if Hennigan did his due diligence (as if not drafting an overseas player ever again and not drafting an overseas player without doing proper research on said player are the exact same things). Then you transitioned to poor coaching being a reason you didn't want to take an overseas player citing Darko and Beasley as examples of talented players not performing well due to poor coaching. This despite the fact that you haven't the foggiest freaking clue who coached Darko in Serbia, much less if he is a good coach or not. And I'm betting you don't know who Beasley's coach was at Kansas St either (although he only played one season there so I don't know how much on an influence he had on Beasley) but I'll tell you who it was: Frank Martin....a guy that led Kansas St to the tournament 4 out of the 5 seasons he coached there including an elite 8 appearance (not the year Beasley played there). Then you completely ignore Captain's valid questions about NBA coaches also having an influence on players and work ethic. Finally, you posted your linkedin profile for some insane reason. And you have done it this entire time in that trademark d****ey and condescending Barnettej tone that comes across as if you are attempting to explain basic concepts to children. It almost makes me believe you actually think the meaningless nonsense that comes pouring out of your fingers and taints this forum is somehow useful or informative.

You are almost to the point in this conversation where you give up and congratulate yourself for making the forum more active.

Thanks, and it does take some real mental mathematics..

I mean so far this is what I have done in my career with that cockiness and the mental mathematics you speak of:

https://www.linkedin...iew?id=16369237

Take it all in. Even the part of developing a technology for the Marine Corps that's still in use today

Quick edit - Yes I lived in Bosnia, next to Serbia where Darko played.

I can't see your profile unfortunately. You can add me to your network though? PM me.

You still haven't answered my post. Anyway did you see Darko play?

Thanks, and it does take some real mental mathematics..

I mean so far this is what I have done in my career with that cockiness and the mental mathematics you speak of:

https://www.linkedin...iew?id=16369237

Take it all in. Even the part of developing a technology for the Marine Corps that's still in use today

Quick edit - Yes I lived in Bosnia, next to Serbia where Darko played.

What really matters isn't professional accomplishments; it's pretty clearly who has the bigger penis.

That's the best you got. I give you 2 players who had all the talent in the world with no real coaches that haven't lived or played to that talent and all you come up with is "Fluff".

Awesome, next.

I'm sorry, but when the essence of your point boils down to pointing out two classic underachievers and claiming they are the shining examples of players who didn't have quality coaches, relieving them of any personal responsibility for their mental focus and willingness to apply themselves, then follow that up with brushing off the fact that one of your amazing examples played for the only coach ever to win both an NCAA and NBA championship with "how much playing time did he get", all you deserve is fluff because you're just sticking your head in the sand and acting like an idiot.

Are we now to assume, through the amazing knowledge that you've dropped here in an attempt to enlighten us all, that not only is a coach directly responsible for personality and mental fortitude, not only can he be blamed when a player refuses to take personal accountability, but he only coaches and influences these things during a game, and only for players on the court? How much playing time did Redick get early in his NBA career?

You were wrong. You "misspoke" if that makes you feel better. Instead of just saying "What I meant was..." you got all indignant and made yourself look worse in an attempt to cover up what was, in all likelihood, a simple mistake. The more you try to defend these ridiculous positions the worse it gets. Now you're trying to give yourself credibility with a Linkedin profile? What's next, your college transcripts and SAT scores? No amount of self-adulation is going to magically go back and change what you posted and make it right.

I change my mind, at this point you don't event warrant fluff.

What really matters isn't professional accomplishments; it's pretty clearly who has the bigger penis.

The assumption from IBn (sorry CT) was that I didnt know any coaches overseas. So besides me just saying I lived in Bosnia and knew alot from what the Bosnians and serbians tell me, what is the best way to show that I actually been there..... Besides pictures, which can easily be denounce... I figure my LinkIn account is the best way to bust that assumption.

Plus the whole mental mathematics attempt is to say im not that bright. Where my LinkedIn account pretty much kills that too.

But Hey, you could ignore me... just a thought

Does this mean we're not going to compare penis sizes? Because I already took my pants off.

Pretty Much. Sorry you went that far DOM.... I owe you some pants on that one.

On a serious note, Im not trying to be better than anyone else... Just thought it was the best approach to show some facts, like positing stats and such. I had no idea that some will go off the handle for putting up my LinkedIn.

Oh well... atleast you know more about who I am.