LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

JV has neutered Harris this season. He is the 4TH option when he's on the floor with the starting lineup, behind Baby, AA, and Nelson. It's a shame.

Agree. While I love Baby's passion, he's a black hole on offense. Nelson also takes a heck of a lot of shots. I REALLY want to trade them, which will open up shots and regular development for Harris and others.

Harris is not a 4 that is why he is struggling imo.

I see. And, at the 3 he has no real advantage to score, because he has no post game.

JV has neutered Harris this season. He is the 4TH option when he's on the floor with the starting lineup, behind Baby, AA, and Nelson. It's a shame. Drew, for whatever reason, has the green light to shoot any and every time he touches the ball. Harris does not have that. He looks passive this year and really unsure of what his role is on our team to be honest. He needs more of a defined role but that's not going to happen with the current lineups. But it makes complete sense to let our 3 oldest players and guys that won't be on the team in 2 years to have the biggest roles with the team.

Drew is a more efficient scorer than harris. He shoots better in almost every area - except off the dribble. Plus, Drew's post game is awesome. Now that Drew is play better defense, I think he is out playing harris and needs more time at pf.

I would like the team to use drew in the post more.

Harris's shot sucks right now.

Exum's biggest problem is that he's a horrible shooter off-the-dribble so defenders are going to constantly go under the screen on him.

He's very good otherwise and is a hell of a lot better than MCW.

you should see the smile on my face. Exum baby.

to be honest all i see lately is shoot when you want from any1.

no defined rolls etc. i expect this plays a big part in everyone struggling.

young guys losing and being blown out is a recipe for no confindence.

when our guys score this is little to no reaction off the bench.

this teams in a bad place right now mentally

Drew is a more efficient scorer than harris. He shoots better in almost every area - except off the dribble. Plus, Drew's post game is awesome. Now that Drew is play better defense, I think he is out playing harris and needs more time at pf.

I would like the team to use drew in the post more.

Harris's shot sucks right now.

Let's not get carried away Drew has improved on defense but the reality is he still get throttled against bigger quicker PF's and that's not going to change. I like his post game and willingness to shoot. But he will never be a reliable defender or re bounder, and he has no clue how to pass the ball. But I will say he looks more improved than anyone and he will be a really nice 6th man type player for years to come. When Drew is in we run our offense through him. He will get 3-4 shots within the first 3 minutes of him being on the court. Same cannot be said for Harris. Harris is by far the better talent and it will show through more as the year goes on and JV starts using him more.

That being said, Harris is a 3. Plain and simple. He's playing out of position and that's something else affecting his game. So if Drew gets more minutes at PF, I'm all for that, but him taking any minutes from Harris—not so much.

That's why I think having a traditional PF like Randle would be nice. But so would having a guy like Exum or Wiggins or Parker.

you should see the smile on my face. Exum baby.

[/quote

Do you guys think Exum ever becomes a threat from outside though? I mean, it's not just that his shooting statistics are bad, but his shooting mechanics are poor. A back-court of him and Vic would have very limited outside threat. Same thing with Smart.

Let's not get carried away Drew has improved on defense but the reality is he still get throttled against bigger quicker PF's and that's not going to change. I like his post game and willingness to shoot. But he will never be a reliable defender or re bounder, and he has no clue how to pass the ball. But I will say he looks more improved than anyone and he will be a really nice 6th man type player for years to come. When Drew is in we run our offense through him. He will get 3-4 shots within the first 3 minutes of him being on the court. Same cannot be said for Harris. Harris is by far the better talent and it will show through more as the year goes on and JV starts using him more.

That being said, Harris is a 3. Plain and simple. He's playing out of position and that's something else affecting his game. So if Drew gets more minutes at PF, I'm all for that, but him taking any minutes from Harris—not so much.

That's why I think having a traditional PF like Randle would be nice. But so would having a guy like Exum or Wiggins or Parker.

Randle is going to be in the same class as monroe, T. Robinson, and Thompson for the kings. I would like a shot blocking big next to nick; not any of the pre before mentioned. Drew is young. I can see him turning in to a starter. He has improved a lot on def and the boards.

Harris is just not shooting good at all. He is missing wide open shots. That is no ones fought but his own. Since harris has no post game, at sf, he has no advantage.

Do you guys think Exum ever becomes a threat from outside though? I mean, it's not just that his shooting statistics are bad, but his shooting mechanics are poor. A back-court of him and Vic would have very limited outside threat. Same thing with Smart.

The shooting stroke is one of the easier things to learn. Magic Johnson and J. Kidd are examples.

as it stands whose the better shooter out of?

oladipo

exum

smart

i think victor will be our longterm pg / combo guard

as it stands whose the better shooter out of?

oladipo

exum

smart

i think victor will be our longterm pg / combo guard

I think we get a big pg in 2014. There are a lot of them.

exum, smart, zach, harrision, christion, and hanlan

There are some other pg like russ smith and carson, but I dont want another small pg.

I think we get a big pg in 2014. There are a lot of them.

exum, smart, zach, harrision, christion, and hanlan

There are some other pg like russ smith and carson, but I dont want another small pg.

if it aint exum. smart maybe harrison i don't want em meaning pg