LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Parker, Randle, Wiggins, Exum, Smart, Embiid, and who? Gordon?

Gordon doesn't excite me if he's on that list but maybe I'm missing someone.

I'm pretty sure he means Gordon.

Gordon's a strange one. I go backwards and forwards with myself on him. I think his "best case" is a more intelligent (i.e. not as much chucking) Josh Smith. Took me a while to come up with that comparison but it makes more sense to me than the Blake Griffin comparison just because they're both super athletic white guys.

I'm pretty sure he means Gordon.

Gordon's a strange one. I go backwards and forwards with myself on him. I think his "best case" is a more intelligent (i.e. not as much chucking) Josh Smith. Took me a while to come up with that comparison but it makes more sense to me than the Blake Griffin comparison just because they're both super athletic white guys.

Gordon is the last guy with elite ceiling. Major separation between him and the top 4. But I'd be happy with him because there's still hope he turns into one of those athletic 4s

Is it just me or is Aaron Craft the ultimate Henny type guy. If we could get a 2nd round pick I could totally see Henny drafting him.

Take the basketball out of his hand and what you have here is a four-corner square, a kid so squeaky clean it almost pisses you off. Wait, ticks you off. Craft doesn't curse. We don't want to offend.

He carries a 3.89 GPA in nutrition, with an eye on medical school, and he received the first B of his life in college (and it was a B-plus in chemistry). A Google search will lead you to a video of Craft solving a Rubik's Cube ... in just more than a minute. And in high school, he was both valedictorian of his class and National Honor Society president.

He's a devout Christian, engaged to be married and a member of Ohio State's Athletes in Action. In August, he joined Mission of Hope in Haiti and when he has time, he visits sick children in the hospital and helps feed the homeless.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10068006/ohio-state-aaron-craft-really-perfect

Is it just me or is Aaron Craft the ultimate Henny type guy. If we could get a 2nd round pick I could totally see Henny drafting him.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10068006/ohio-state-aaron-craft-really-perfect

Sounds like the cross between Dwight when he first entered the league and Andrew Nicholson.

I wouldn't say either of Hood or Young are elite prospects. Good prospects yes, but not elite.

*Add to the list of players I would be excited to draft, there are two elite prospects thus far in the draft to me. maybe as many as 4.

Right now we have the 4th worst record overall, New York is one of the teams below us and they can't be worse than this.

The 2 teams that will probably be worse from now on are Philadelphia and Toronto but we are pretty much guaranteed a top 5 spot in the race for the #1 pick.

I'd LOVE to get a top 3 pick, hopefully the ping pong balls don't screw us

Right now we have the 4th worst record overall, New York is one of the teams below us and they can't be worse than this.

The 2 teams that will probably be worse from now on are Philadelphia and Toronto but we are pretty much guaranteed a top 5 spot in the race for the #1 pick.

I'd LOVE to get a top 3 pick, hopefully the ping pong balls don't screw us

Once we make a trade we will fall quick. We will be top 3 easily and I'm hoping we land Parker bc we need someone that can score with ease from the perimeter.

What's our final product with this team? I think we can pencil in Vuc and oladipo as the two players who are likely to be long term starters. Everyone else is up in the air.

Looking at the 2014 free agent class, we shouldn't be big players. If we're looking at 2015 to make big moves I think we'll probably hold onto afflalo this season and trade him in a draft day trade or right afterwards for a 2015 pick.

Me just throwing rosters together:

Kyrie Irving-oladipo-wiggins/Parker-???- Vuc

More likely scenario- substitute kemba walker for kyrie

Exum/smart-oladipo-???-???-vuc

There really aren't any good youngish free agent small forwards either. I think there are going to be plenty we can find with our second first rounder in this draft or the 2015 draft. If Harris can get healthy and live up to his potential that would help too.

Also, if we cash in our assets, harkless, Nicholson, Harris, future picks. That should be worth an all star who wants a trade.

My main problem is I'm having trouble finding a good well rounded power forward that can play good defense. I think we can find a wing scorer and a point guard without issue. That pf might be a problem though.

What's our final product with this team? I think we can pencil in Vuc and oladipo as the two players who are likely to be long term starters. Everyone else is up in the air.

Looking at the 2014 free agent class, we shouldn't be big players. If we're looking at 2015 to make big moves I think we'll probably hold onto afflalo this season and trade him in a draft day trade or right afterwards for a 2015 pick.

Me just throwing rosters together:

Kyrie Irving-oladipo-wiggins/Parker-???- Vuc

More likely scenario- substitute kemba walker for kyrie

Exum/smart-oladipo-???-???-vuc

There really aren't any good youngish free agent small forwards either. I think there are going to be plenty we can find with our second first rounder in this draft or the 2015 draft. If Harris can get healthy and live up to his potential that would help too.

Also, if we cash in our assets, harkless, Nicholson, Harris, future picks. That should be worth an all star who wants a trade.

My main problem is I'm having trouble finding a good well rounded power forward that can play good defense. I think we can find a wing scorer and a point guard without issue. That pf might be a problem though.

I can't think of any PF's either. However Kevin Love could be available after next season if he exercises his player option. I couldn't imagine another roster with more young promise then the first one you mentioned there. He might not be a defensive stalwart, but he could play next to Vuc, and Orlando would pretty much control the glass against everyone.