LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Harrison was the number 1 rated PG, Parker was the No. 2 rated player overall. Got to say ive never seen Andrew Harrison make a great pass that Aaron Harrison didn't benefit from. Parker was out of shape because he suffered a major leg injury and he's no more a tweener than Tobias Harris. Being a highly rated prospect out of highschool isn't a massively important thing, see Oladipo, and in any case Parker is probably more highly rated.

Honestly I think Parker has a higher ceiling than he's being given credit for, I've heard him be compared to Grant Hill and Carmelo Anthony and recently I realised that he reminds me a little ofPaul Pierce on offense. if he can play good team defense and less than awful one on one defense he'll be an important player. Parker has one quality that I'd like to see Wiggins show and that's the willingness and confidence to carry a team offensively night after night.

Parker is also a very good passer. I am not saying he is not a very good prospect. I am saying there are questions about him that will really hurt him in the NBA. His biggest issue is the lack of a first step; this will hurt him as a scorer in the NBA. Melo, G. Hill, and even Harris have this ability to get by players. They are know for their first step. Parker does not have a blow by first step and it will hurt him.

6'5 and 6'6 pgs are God sent in the NBA and are of high value. There are lot of tweener forwards, but it is rare to get a big pg. It so happens that 2014 has 3. It is my belief that we will take the best pg available (outside wiggins), because they are rated high in 2014, they are talented with star potential, and we happen to have a need.

If the belief changes about Parker being able to score (one on one) in the NBA, then 2014's story may be different. In a stacked 2014 draft, number 6 on the magic board, is not a smack in the face. Just remember, my rank was geared to solely the magic. Need is also a factor for us and overall ranking by matrix, so if you have 2 close prospects, you get the one that will help your team the most. If Parker can't score one on one, he will lose all types of value like Shabazz. In high school, Shabazz was projected as the 2013 top draft pick, but after see his inability to create offense for himself and other, his stock fell. I foresee this being Parkers issue; to a degree but not at the same extreme.

PG ranking 2014

1) Exum

2) Smart

3) Harrison

4) Christon

My main issue with Harrison is his not a very willing passer. Be less of an issue if he wasn't a point guard.

Let see what happens when he runs a talented team like UK. He now has other players around him that can score. It makes a big difference.

young

twin bother

alex poythress

randle

cauley

He is on one of the greatest college teams ever put together. 6 first round picks type players

4 players that could go lottery in a stacked draft.

Parker is the most polished incoming freshman since Kevin Durant.

He's being vastly underrated right now.

Durrant is athletic. Burke was skilled coming out of college, but if you can't get by a player you will struggle to score in the nba. It is a very easy concept. No one is questioning his skill, the only question is his lack of athleticism. Maybe, he will be a great scorer off the ball, but I dont see reggie miller or Larry Bird in him.

Let us see what he does at duke.

Durrant is athletic. Burke was skilled coming out of college, but if you can't get by a player you will struggle to score in the nba. It is a very easy concept. No one is questioning his skill, the only question is his lack of athleticism. Maybe, he will be a great scorer off the ball, but I dont see reggie miller or Larry Bird in him.

Let us see what he does at duke.

I see Carmelo in him

These debates about Chris Duhon and Hedo Turkoglu are laughable. You fellas really miss watching ball. smile_svgsad.png

I see Carmelo in him

That is the hope. If he can be that scorer, then it will be a game changer. Let us see what he does in college.

The point is taken and most casual fans seem to at least understand this draft is expected to be better than average. I think that Orlando needs to try and use all of these assets to grab two picks in the top 10-13 of the 2014 draft.

The point is taken and most casual fans seem to at least understand this draft is expected to be better than average. I think that Orlando needs to try and use all of these assets to grab two picks in the top 10-13 of the 2014 draft.

We do have an extra pick from the howard trade, but one will be a late pick from Denver or New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grjkPue0ZL0

Updated DX scouting report video on Smart. I gave him a free pass last year but he has quite a few issues that really need to be fixed. His horrid performance in the NCAA tourney game vs. Oregon was also not a great way for him to go out. Exum is my top choice at PG unless Smart improves a ton.

• Upvote 2