Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

The official UCF thread...

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Anywho... This is a UCF thread, right?

quote:
"I didn't say anything to them [saturday] except fellas . . . this is a game of mental toughness. Now is the time you have to step up and be counted," O'Leary said. "I didn't want a lot of noise. Just shower up let's get on the bus and get out of [there].

"We have a long season to play. The worst thing I can do is go in and raise heck about it. They know what happened just like I do."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-ucffolo1507oc...oll=orl_tab02_layout

Thanks WP...I was about to say the same thing. Time to focus on Conf-USA...some goals are still out there, hopefully we can turn some good.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

Osprey, I like you so I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I need to save my energy for the season!

Sounds good. I am hoping UCF runs the table and lays an impressively brutal beat down on Southern Pi$$. I hate that team.

UCF's true goals should not be dampened by that loss. A CUSA championship is still there for the taking.

Well, life has continued since Saturday afternoon. With each day, the memory is a little less painful. Starting tomorrow, I will be looking more toward the coming match-up with Tulsa.

We can't go down three in a row. We must get this win. A win will tell us whether this season can be salvaged. A loss....well, frankly I don't even want to THINK about another loss.

I'm in the same boat... But look at the bright side... We were 4-8 last year... Would a 6-6 season be a success? Or a 7-5. Granted, neither of those gets us to a bowl, but at least that is better than last year.

It still goes back to recruiting to me. Maybe we can get Chuck Amato from FSU. The guy can't coach, but he is one of the best recruiters on the nation. I just hope our offense can keep the Tulsa offense off the field...

quote:

quote:
UCF will celebrate its second sellout of the season against Tulsa Saturday, UCF athletic department spokesman Joe Hornstein said this morning.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/o...1807,0,6354960.story

I must admit I'm a bit surprised. I suppose some of it may have to do with it being Family Weekend.

I'll be very happy to see 40,000 bodies in the stands.

quote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?vid...5&categoryId=2378529

About half way though this highlight Stewart Scott calls USF, UCF... Which is a good thing, right?

Dare I say, with Stu Scott at least, we have more name recognition than USF?

Of course, Stu lived and worked here for awhile, so he may just be more familiar with UCF.

Has anyone heard the rumors about O'Leary going to Syracuse? I've read it on the internets and pretty much dismissed it. However, a good friend's brother in law used to be on the Syracuse staff and said that if UCF doesn't tank the season he is going to Syracuse.

...I don't know what I think about this.